The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 7, 2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Reloader2

Another Walmart run

Stopped at the local Walmart again and found only 1 pound of IMR 4350 and IMR 4831. Grabbed them both plus another brick of small pistol primers. Then I went over to the sporting good store where they had quite a few different powders but were limiting it to 1 can of each and the price was higher. Got some IMR7828 and IMR 3031. They also had CCI small pistol primers but were limiting sales to 200 primers again at an increased price.

I need to find some CCI large rifle primers.
Old August 7, 2013, 04:28 PM   #2
BigD_in_FL

Where are you that your wally world carries primers and powder and actually HAS them?
Old August 7, 2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Kimber84

Another Walmart run

Wow!! My Walmart must be yuppified, they don't even carry guns anymore.

I can't imagine going to Walmart and buying powder... That being said we have a huge outdoor/hunting store right down the road that has probably the largest reloading selection in the state.
Old August 7, 2013, 05:21 PM   #4
AllenJ

While driving to CO last fall I stopped in a WalMart in Elko, NV. To my surprise they had a decent selection of reloading components and equipment so on the way home I stopped and purchased some dies. Here in CA WalMart does not carry anything but loaded ammo, and there is still very little of that.
Old August 7, 2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Sierra280

Lol, my mother lives in Elko, it one of the last true 'old west' towns. My local walmarts carry components but are usually sold out. Mom never seems to have a problem finding ammo.
Old August 8, 2013, 08:13 AM   #6
jmorris

Keep the hoarding going.
Old August 8, 2013, 12:18 PM   #7
floydster

My Walmart has not had any ammo, except for shotgun in the last 18 months, I don't think the ammo they do get hit's the shelves thanks to the horaders and the cronies that work there.
The store is right next to in indoor range. The employee's that are in the sporting dept. are all shooters--but if you ask another dept. employee, they don't know a thing.
I have been there all hrs. of the day--never any ammo in the case.