The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 15, 2014, 03:31 AM   #1
JimmyR

Mixed Review on Tyler Manufacturing

I purchased 2 Tyler T grips for my K frame Smiths. I placed my order on 5/23/14, and my check was cashed on 5/27/14. I called to follow up on 6/16/14, and after being told my order would be in the mail within days, waited another few weeks until I recieved my order on 7/8/14. Pics and my progression are found at the link below.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546761

Pro: I really like supporting a small business, and I really appreciate the product. I also liked that, earlier today, JR called to follw up on the rather curt letter, and asked me to get in touch with a range report. Every time I talk to JR, I really get the impression he cares about his customers.

Con: Their communication is absolutely abysmal. Basically, if it doesn't have a stamp on it, don't expect a reply. I called at least a dozen times, and only got a person once. JR doesn't return voice mail messages, e-mails, or answer the phone much. You are never given an order number or any way to identify your order, which is pretty irrelevant since you have no effective way to contact them to get feedback. I can understand why they have such a poor BBB score.

Final Thoughts: The product is good, but the process is borderline horrible.

If you want a T grip, I still think ordering from Tyler is the best way to get it. Ebay has them sometimes, but they tend to be overpriced. I do believe they are worth the wait, but I encourage anyone who is thinking about buying one to be prepared to wait. If someone told me they paid for an item and just never got it, I would not be surprised.
Originally Posted by 45Gunner View Post
JimmyR nailed it.
Old July 26, 2014, 01:18 PM   #2
R230

Say No to Tyler Manufacturing

I am posting here to help ensure that unsuspecting, potential buyers are aware of Tyler's business practices of taking payment, cashing checks, and then not shipping product that is supposedly in stock, and not returning emails or telephone calls. It should raise a red flag when a company only accepts payment via mail these days. They cashed my check three weeks ago and have been unresponsive since. Send payment only if you want the frustration of no communication, and maybe getting your t-grip and maybe not... Check the BBB and other forums for other stories before you order.
Old July 28, 2014, 11:33 AM   #3
Old Stony

I think maybe Tyler's is run on a part time basis anymore. I have ordered from them and go what I ordered, it just takes a lot of patience. They will eventually get your order to you, they just don't talk about it much.
Old July 29, 2014, 12:29 AM   #4
JimmyR

I will say this, they read their mail. The letter I sent in the OP was recieved within the expected time, and when they got it, I recieved a call from JR. I did have to rather sheepishly explain that the t-grips arrived the day I mailed the letter, but he was more interested in knowing how they felt when I shot them.

It's a pain in the rear, but if you haven't recieved your order, write to him. I went so far as to enclose a copy of my check that showed it had cleared the bank, described what I ordered, and when. I don't know if he uses order numbers at all, but I never saw or heard one used.
Originally Posted by 45Gunner View Post
JimmyR nailed it.