The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 13, 2018, 07:39 PM   #1
stagpanther

9 x 25 Dillon: hot commodity?

I called lone wolf the other day to talk about a new Glock frame, over the course of our conversation I mentioned that they made me a custom 9 x 25 Dillion barrel a few years ago and that I really like it. The customer service gal said "Oh really? we get asked about those all the time and you can easily sell it if you want--are you interested?" I responded--uhhh I bought it from you guys--why can't you sell them one? She responded that they aren't making them at the moment nor did she know if/when were plans to bring them back.
Old December 13, 2018, 07:54 PM   #2
Sharkbite

Did you end up getting a Timberwolf frame?
Old December 13, 2018, 08:03 PM   #3
stagpanther

Quote:
Did you end up getting a Timberwolf frame?
Yes, I did. However, my guess is that they are "stacking orders" since I've received no further information on when it will ship since I ordered it.
Old December 13, 2018, 08:41 PM   #4
Sharkbite

Quote:
Yes, I did. However, my guess is that they are "stacking orders" since I've received no further information on when it will ship since I ordered it.
PM me when you get it. I have one and want to compare
Old December 13, 2018, 08:57 PM   #5
stagpanther

Quote:
PM me when you get it. I have one and want to compare
Really? What do you think? I actually ordered one built since I plan on returning the existing SF one to 10mm service.
Old December 13, 2018, 09:17 PM   #6
Sharkbite

PM sent...
Old December 14, 2018, 02:02 AM   #7
stagpanther

Got it--thank you!
Old December 14, 2018, 02:30 AM   #8
TruthTellers

More like an unpopular commodity.

Other barrels that Lone Wolf has stopped selling is the 9 inch barrels and the 9mm Glock 27 conversion barrels.
Old December 14, 2018, 07:38 AM   #9
stagpanther

Quote:
More like an unpopular commodity.

Other barrels that Lone Wolf has stopped selling is the 9 inch barrels and the 9mm Glock 27 conversion barrels.
Actually it was a 9" Dillon barrel I originally bought--but I had them cut the ported portion off and instead put a target crown on the barrel. By doing so I also kept the barrel length under the maximum allowed by my state for using large capacity magazines if using while hunting. But yeah--I always assumed it was a "connoisseur's" cartridge--though I'm very fond of it personally. A 9mm bullet traveling almost 2000 fps is "an interesting thing." The 10mm case is really a "super mini micro mag" IMO--I know of no other pistol cartridge (including the "10mm killer" 357 sig) that generates so much power within such a small case and very diminutive amounts of powder.

Last edited by stagpanther; December 14, 2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old December 14, 2018, 09:12 AM   #10
Dan-O

Interesting. I have one in both standard length as well as one for my long slide.
Old December 14, 2018, 09:19 AM   #11
stagpanther

Quote:
Interesting. I have one in both standard length as well as one for my long slide.
Timberwolf frames--or Dillon barrels?
Old December 14, 2018, 02:53 PM   #12
Dan-O

Dillon barrels