The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 21, 2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Kato_Guy

first time with 10X

I had already tried h335 with the varmint grenades and got a .5" group. I tried to douplicate it and could not I dont know if I was doing something wrong or what......anyway I am trying rl 10X now.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong but I was told that a person can use your 40gr data for these grenades???

The data I got off alliant's website says 25.3gr max for nosler ballistic tip. I loaded them down to 23.7 to 24.9gr and the 24.9gr load sounds kinda full. does this sounds like it will be ok or does it sound kindof hot?? This is my first experience with 10X in a 223... I am using wsr primers win cases and an oal of 2.200"

thanks
kyle
Old August 21, 2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Trapper L

Considering the VGs are a 36 gr bullet and you are under the max for a 40 gr bullet, you should be fine. I don't see that they have any more bearing surface than a normal 40 gr. Just watch for signs of pressure.