The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 24, 2017, 07:23 AM   #1
OhioGuy

Better sights for S&W Victory?

I've been shooting the Victory for a few months now, and I've decided I really just don't like the stock fiberoptic sights. Does anyone else have this experience? The dots are very small and all the same bright, green color, which makes it hard for me to really focus on the front while still aligning the rear. Honestly I think it would be better if the rear sights were just blacked out (I suppose I could use some electrical tape...)

Anyways, I'm not looking for anything really special, and I don't need night sights. Even just a replacement rear sight would help.

I know most people probably upgrade to a red dot, and that may be the answer I'll end up settling on and just skip irons entirely, but the good red dots carry a lot of $$$ and I'm not sure I want to invest another $200+ in a recreational plinking toy.

For $200 I could get something really good, like a Hi Power that I can bet my life on
Old June 24, 2017, 03:10 PM   #2
DaleA

Quote:
For $200 I could get something really good, like a Hi Power that I can bet my life on
Not to bust your chops but I think you meant Hi-Point, not Hi Power, (or High Standard).

Isn't this a great confusing hobby we got here?

P.S. I've shot the S&W Victory a couple times and thought it had a really solid feel to it. Someday when the money jar overflows I might just get one to keep my Ruger Mark II on its toes.
Old June 24, 2017, 05:51 PM   #3
OhioGuy

Ha, yes, HI-POINT.

It is a very solid gun!
Old June 26, 2017, 05:17 PM   #4
gpjoe

The plastic Picatinny has a rear notch for back-up. Not sure how it works as a primary rear sight.

I picked up a Sig Sauer Romeo reflex sight for mine. My dominant eye is shot after cataract surgery and I need all the help I can get.