The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 17, 2010, 09:00 PM   #1
crabtree.perry

S&W 32 revolver model 732

Hey guys,
My great grandfather passed away last week. when he passed he left a S&W 32 revolver which is a model 732. the id number starts with "AC". The gun doesnt work. When you pull the trigger it is almost as though the hammer is stuck but when you pull the wheel out the hammer will come back. its odd (althought this the first revolver i have ever owned) my question is would it be worth getting this gun fixed?? how reliable is this model?? and does anybody have the ability to look up the "AC" and see when the gun was made?? I think that the gun would be great for my wife to slip in her purse but i want to make sure its worth keeping first. thanks for your help guys.
Old December 17, 2010, 09:13 PM   #2
crabtree.perry

and is there anywhere i can go to get instruction on breaking down a revolver??
Old December 17, 2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Jim Watson

Could you post a picture?
732 is a Harrington and Richardson model number, the CALIBER would be .32 Smith & Wesson.

H&Rs are not very expensive guns, it might cost more to repair than it would to replace it.
Old December 17, 2010, 11:07 PM   #4
Winchester_73

Unfortunately, there is no S&W model 732. But hey, its a cool gun none the less.
How do I know its a cool gun, because its a gun, damn it! And it was grandpas.

Not a good idea for carry since its most likely of lesser quality and power even if it was mint anyways. Just a convo piece.