The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 25, 2005, 09:17 AM   #1
saber22

Webley Mk 6 reloads.

What do you guys shoot out of your webleys? I am most interested in the 45acp conversions. I have been experimenting with some loads with a MK6 and I am running into a few hitches.
I normally shoot lead factory reloads like 3-D ammo, I also will fire PMC 230gr ammo through mine and I have done up quite a few auto rim cases with 4.7grs of unique and a .454 250gr SWC.
I have been trying some makeing some reloads recently that consist of a Hornady 230gr LRN slug and 5.9gr of unique (Im using a lee dipper as i dont have a scale yet). I have fired this through my 1911 and found no visable differences over the PMC foder, and all the reloading manuals I have found seem to say that the pressure is, while on the higher end, within the limits of the originall 455 loadings. While shooting the other yesterday I found accuracy pretty bad and that the hing pivot screw had worked loose slightly and was causing some side-to-side play in the barrel. I inspected the gun and found no evidence of damage and when I tightened the screw back up the side to side play completely vanished.
I have fired about 50 rounds of this loading out of this revolver and this is the first time this has happened.
I tried some PMC ammo and this event did not happen again, and I was able to get a 2in group off-hand at 10yrds.
Old May 25, 2005, 02:52 PM   #2
Webleywielder

.45 ACP/AutoRim Webley Mk VI loads

I replied to you in the other Webley thread. However, I failed to mention I use .451 bullets exclusively. Sounds like you already know how to reload so please disregard the last two sentences in my reply.

In a world devoid of semiautomatics, a properly set-up Webley is the ultimate full-size self-defense handgun.