The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 12, 2019, 05:16 PM   #1
hounddawg

6 litre Ultrasonic on sale

just letting yall know, I got their 2019 catalog yesterday and for those who have been thinking about a ultrasonic for cleaning brass and gun parts Grizzly has theirs on sale for $159, $30 bucks off normal

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Bald...6-Liter/BE1165

Grizzly normally has good if not great tools in my experience. Never owned one til recently but I had a buddy back in the 90's that loaded out his wood shop with Grizzly. It wasn't Delta great but it was pretty darn good for the price he paid. It all speaks mandarin but is the high end mandarin at least. If I were still really into pistols I would grab one just cleaning them

Oh and I just snagged their reloading arbor press last month. The fit and finish are excellent and the operation is smooth if you are ever in the market for one of those

Last edited by hounddawg; January 12, 2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old January 12, 2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

I can't find any information on the cleaning power density. The adjustable unit goes to 25W/liter which is pretty decent. I don't know about this one, though. The frequency is probably appropriate. A compromise between the usual 20-something and 40-something kilohertz choices. The former tend to be better at coarser cleaning and the latter at detail cleaning.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old January 13, 2019, 09:07 PM   #3
hounddawg

No idea about frequency. It looked large enough to clean pistols and a good amount of brass in at a decent price. If I were shooting pistols regularly I would buy one. I don't think primer pockets on pistol ammo are critical so I would use it to clean the brass and the pistols.

I am thinking of trying some Bullseye competition on a casual basis so I may pick one up later on

Last edited by hounddawg; January 13, 2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old January 13, 2019, 10:56 PM   #4
lamarw

If it passes the aluminum foil test, then you should consider it a good unit. Tear off a piece of aluminum foil, keeping your skin out of the tank, stick the foil straight down in the liquid with the ultrasonic on. If upon removing it after about 10 seconds it has pin holes all in the foil, then your are good to go.