The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old May 19, 2013, 12:00 AM   #1
American Red Neck

Sig M400 First Shots

Today I was finally able to take my new sig m400 out and break her in. I have shot many new ar-15's and I must say this m400 performed flawlessly without out one failure. Very, very accurate. I know Iv'e been asking a lot of questions about changing the barrel and bcg and this and that but I am pretty comfortable with it in its stock configuration. Damn this thing is so bad ass. I did do one mag dump to put some heat to her and got the gas tube to smoke for a short second, I think it was the factory grease burning off. I just got done doing a bit of a trigger job on it (not that it needed it but I'm tinker man)...I am just speechless and in aww about how nice this thing is..Guys I come from a long line of Ak use and recently switched to the ar platform and wish I would have done so earlier.
Old May 19, 2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Fishbed77

Quote:
I know Iv'e been asking a lot of questions about changing the barrel and bcg and this and that but I am pretty comfortable with it in its stock configuration.
We all figured that would be the case when you actually shot it.

All a rifle like that needs is a good sling and plenty of ammo.