The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 31, 2011, 10:30 PM   #1
sourmashjack

Help With Saiga 12 ga

Hello All ,just pick up a saiga 12 ga want to set it up with tactical stock, fore arm ,pistol grip, maybe a muzzle brake after i try shooting it, any help out there on good quailty stuff and where i can find it, thanks Mash
Old June 1, 2011, 07:31 AM   #2
model18

http://www.saigafiles.com/index.php

good bunch of guys here esp. Cobra.........chk. 'em out!
Old July 1, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3
TIGERARMS

Hey Mash, good choice on the Saiga build. I am wrapping up my first 'conversion' right now. For starters, the first thing I recommend is converting the trigger group back to it's 'forward' position. If you have a little know how, it's a job almost anyone can do at home. Check out Carolina Shooters supply for conversion kits. Once you convert it, it's pretty much a matter of personal preference as far as accessories go. I'll see if I can post a pic of mine on here.

Here's that site I was talking about:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply....let/StoreFront
Old July 1, 2011, 01:23 PM   #4
TIGERARMS

Here is a shot of the twins together. I built the Saiga to match the feel of my AK. I have since made a few changes to them both, so I will have to post some fresh pics. Please forgive the camera phone pics. I will use a proper camera when I take updated shots.

Parts List (Saiga)

UTG Extended Quad rail
CSS DIY Trigger Guard
Tapco G2 internals
Tapco T6 stock
Tapco VFG
ERGO pistol grip
CAA adjustable cheek rest (not pictured)
Burris Fastfire II red dot
Burris Picatinny Protector mount
Polished/re-profiled bolt & carrier (Done by me)

On the way: Alumalite MT-1280 Barrel shroud

I had a Burris Fastfire II mounted on my FNP-45, but I preferred the regular sights, so instead I opted to purchase a protective rail mount and put it on the Saiga.

Anyone who has mounted an optic on a Saiga knows the problem with improper sight alignment with a good cheek weld. The FF2 is so low, and combined with the CAA cheek rest, I can actually get a good cheek weld and still be able to use the sight. I have a set of MBUS flip ups, and they were way too high to be useful.
Old July 21, 2011, 05:44 PM   #5
Gun Casket

Saiga Parts

Tony Rumore at Tromix (www.Tromix.com) is currently converting my Saiga. It looks like he does a great job and his reputation is outstanding. You can also try www.mississippiautoarms.com, they have a lot of good parts. Some other people have suggested moving the trigger group forward, highly recommended.