The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 15, 2015, 10:17 PM   #1
bungiex88

Reloading ooops

Was loading some 6mm remington and was seating primers in. Reloading 20 of them and after I got done priming was inspecting and noticed small half moon indent. Then I realized the last time I primed was 222 I forgot to change the ram to large primer. I checked the seating of the primers and is exactly the same as my other 6mm when I used the correct ram. Is this something to worry about or not. I went ahead and loaded them up. But now I'm second guessing myself. Any thoughts.
Old December 15, 2015, 10:34 PM   #2
hooligan1

That's probably not a big deal as long as they fully seated..
Old December 16, 2015, 12:48 AM   #3
Longshot4

Of course you want to avoid repeating the mistake. I would go ahead and use the rounds you had loaded. Although If you would inspect your work as you go you can avoid many issues as they come up.

Do you use a primer pocket uniformer on your pockets? It can be used to avoid similar looking primers.
Old December 16, 2015, 01:08 AM   #4
Kosh75287

Unless your reloads are on the ragged edge of maximum pressure (and perhaps not even then), you'll probably not notice a difference. I agree with the previous posters that it'd be prudent to include a step in your process to avert such things in the future. I think we've all done something like that at one time or another, though.

انجلو. المسلحة. جاهزة. Carpe SCOTCH!
Old December 16, 2015, 07:18 AM   #5
overthere

Have done the same thing a couple of times and had no issues, they all went bang without side effects
Old December 16, 2015, 08:58 AM   #6
bungiex88

Yea I didn't know what I was thinking I'm pretty anal about reloading. I even measure every load completed to make sure everything weighs about the same. I usually check every primer after seating it just slipped my mind. The pressure I reload to with this load is the lowest on the scale.
Old December 16, 2015, 09:07 AM   #7
Smoke & Recoil

@ bungiex88,
You may find this thread interesting...pertaining to OOP'S
https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=559475