The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 24, 2010, 09:21 PM   #1
lrrp/ranger

spas 1200 sparks,nv

I just picked up a franchi spas 1200 combat shotgun. I don't know a lot about them, maybe i could get some feed back. This one looks like its new. It looks cool, real rambo tool. I think i saw one of these in the "termanator" well tell me about it. Thanks lrrp/ranger
Old December 25, 2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Borch

The SPAS is heavy, unwieldy and generally a pain in the a**. My cousin bought one with the combat hook on it for some reason. I can't see why this thing was ever considered a good weapon. Switching from auto to pump sounds easy but it's not, the forened would always slide past the point where it was supposed to lock into place. The magazine disconnect that was suppsoed to allow you to pump out one shell without another coming out of the magazine worked about half the time and for such a heavy gun recoil was unreal.

If you want a shotgun that will work 100% right 100% of the time save some money and buy an 870.
Old December 25, 2010, 06:57 PM   #3
goodspeed(TPF)

Although HEAVY they work very well. I have two of them and have had 100% reliability. Why not try the search function?

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/index.shtml