The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 4, 2009, 06:08 PM   #1
buffalo

Lyman T-Mag II Problem

I just got a new Lyman T-Mag II press and wanted to ask if there is some trick to getting the handle screwed into the Toggle?. It almost seems as if the handle is to big for the hole in the toggle,the threads look good so i'm confused as to why this is. If anyone has dealt with this before i'd appreciate any advice.
Old September 4, 2009, 07:02 PM   #2
OldShooter

T-Mag

Mine fit fine. Just be sure it is aligned properly, screw it in and lock it with the nut
Old September 4, 2009, 07:29 PM   #3
wrangler yj

You got the angles working against you. It screws in there. You just got to get everything aligned with each other. Hang in there, you'll get it.
Old September 4, 2009, 09:14 PM   #4
GP100man

Threads

line it up then turn counter clockwise till ya feel a click in the threads then start turnin clockwise.
if threads are buggered i`d suggest chasing em , but ya mite get by starting em from the back side .
I love fine threads !!!

Last edited by GP100man; September 4, 2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: addition & spelun
Old September 5, 2009, 02:07 PM   #5
buffalo

Thank's,it did finally screw in after a bit of cussing at it,lol. I was just worried because i had another one that was defective and this was the replacement so i was hoping that i wasn't gonna have to send this one back also. Thank's again.