The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 31, 2012, 05:31 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Cheaper than Dirt Firearm sales Policy

I know they stopped selling on the 19th then sort of backtracked, and now I can't seem to find any info on what they are doing. Their site says "Cheaper than Dirt Doesn't sell guns," but they still have all the guns listed as in stock at various warehouses. I read a release which said they purchased another company and were using that company to execute firearm sales, but it was undated and could have been when they first started selling guns.

When I google search I get a lot of garbage I am not having much luck sorting through.
Old December 31, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Metal god

They are promoters of the panic buying and the first to set there prices through the roof . I no longer even visit there site .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; December 31, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old December 31, 2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Zekest Crowe

Forget Cheaper Than Dirt.
Cheaper Than Dirt does not support the 2nd.
There are many better places to spend your cash.
Old December 31, 2012, 06:08 PM   #4
tekarra

They appear to be opportunists.
Old December 31, 2012, 07:30 PM   #5
5whiskey

I'm usually of the mind that if someone will pay the price, no matter how rediculous, then sell it to them. With that said, I don't want to be the guy that sets the start price on his m&p sport at 1800 on gunbroker. Cheaperthandirt is in a different position than the average guy posting a rifle on gunbroker. The day that they tripled the price of pmags in a couple of hours will forever seal their fate with me. Don't shop there. I would pay a 20 percent premium to avoid them, and i'm poor. I need to save every dollar I can.
Old December 31, 2012, 08:55 PM   #6
RamItOne

IIRC they have brick and mortar sales as well and have continued to sell via that outlet.

I started using US Cavalry to order stuff, used them years ago in my teens to order camping etc. recently ordered 5 pmags from them, not avail anymore.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0
Old January 2, 2013, 11:38 AM   #7
johnwilliamson062

I avoid them for the most part. THey did the same price gouging in 2008, people were cussing them up and down, but a couple years later no one remembered. I am just wondering as to what the deal is as it has come up many times in different venues over the last few weeks and I haven't been able to track down a good explanation.