The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 23, 2011, 08:07 PM   #1
stu925

Bushnell Banner 1.75-4.5x20

I picked up a new in box, never mounted 80's vintage (I think) 1.75-4.5x20mm Bushnell Banner scope with BDC for cheap, thinking it would be the perfect scope for my Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this scope. I know it's not a high end scope, but I really wasn't looking for anything high end just something to hold me over until I can afford something nicer. Specifically I'm wondering about the BDC and how accurate it might really be. Does anyone know if the older BDC turrets are interchangeable with the newer BDC turrets? This scope came with 3 turrets (1F, 2F, and a turret that I could customize for my loads), was wondering if I could order the newer turrets from Bushnell and have them work on this scope. Glass is pretty good in this scope although no where near the quality of my Leupold.

Stu
Old October 25, 2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Crosshair

I have the modern 1.5-4.5x32 version and I have it mounted on several of my guns, including one of my Mini's. A solid scope on a great price point.
Old October 25, 2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Kreyzhorse

I don't know about the turrets, but I had a Bushnell Banner on my 7mm Rem Mag. While it isn't an expensive scope, the lenses were clear, it pulled in a ton of light and held a zero very well.