The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old May 28, 2017, 10:10 AM   #1
JoeSixpack

Perfecta .223?

Ok who can tel me about Perfecta?
I've never bought any of it im looking at what appears to be a good deal on a case of .223 over at cheaper than dirt (*waits for boo's and hisses to die down*)

It says it's made with annealed brass, sure enough the necks look discolored as if hit with a blow torch.. I though this was only necessary when reloading..

So do they use non-virgin brass or is perfecta reman's? or something?

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...14950017045.do
Old May 28, 2017, 11:55 AM   #2
DubC-Hicks

I've fed 1000s of rounds of Perfecta 9mm through all my pistols, as well as quite a bit of the .380 and .38spl. Never had a problem, and its actually pretty clean and accurate. It's all new production, no reloads. I'd have no problem buying a case of it.
Old May 29, 2017, 04:38 AM   #3
HankC1

Perfecta 223 flash hole off center is common, break your decapping pin if not careful if you reload. Neck annealing is typical on military brass.

Last edited by HankC1; May 29, 2017 at 04:51 AM.
Old May 29, 2017, 09:03 AM   #4
bfoosh006

HankC1 nailed it.... off center flash holes makes for a long reloading session.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:14 AM   #5
the possum

No experience with Perfecta, but just a general point. I've been tracking ammo prices since before the election last fall, because I expected a panic if Hillary got in, or prices to lower if Trump did. Turns out I miscalculated. Ammo prices did not drop after the election, and they remained pretty much steady for months.

It has only been in the last several weeks that ammo has finally started to move downward. The price on that Perfecta is the lowest I've seen new brass-cased .223 in a looooong time. Other brands I used to watch are also going down, though. My point is, I have a strong suspicion that if you can wait a couple more months, you'll be able to find an even better deal, and your preferred ammo may end up at the same price. Of course, you take the risk of another panic happening before then, but I really doubt that will happen with a gun-friendly administration in office.
Old May 30, 2017, 07:26 PM   #6
osbornk

I've never had any issues with Perfecta in 9mm, 380 or 223.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:27 AM   #7
ocharry

hey joe ,,,sportsmans guide has wolf brass 55gr on sale right now....member get it for 277,,,,this stuff is pretty good ammo,,,pretty accurate out of my sr556 too

my .02

ocharry