The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 1, 2011, 06:19 PM   #1
napg19

Is Tyler Manufactering out of business?

Called them this evening about my order and got a recording "this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service"'. I've called before and at least got ringing but no answer. wrote them a letter a month ago, no responce. Placed my order Dec. 7th, 2010 for 2 trigger shoes. Anyone know if they are still in business?
Old July 1, 2011, 06:37 PM   #2
ZEBRARANGER

I think they've been shut down. Here's a thread that asked the same question about 6 weeks ago. http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ighlight=tyler
Old July 1, 2011, 06:46 PM   #3
napg19

Thanks ZEBRARANGER, I'll check around and see if I came come up with something, Richard.
Old July 1, 2011, 07:14 PM   #4
napg19

I'm no computer guru but I looked at Better Business Beauru and they only handled complaints sent to them but nothing on a closure. Looked up manuf. business's in ok and they were not listed, but that may not mean anything. Maybe they'll pull through and finish the products for their customers.
Old July 13, 2011, 04:23 PM   #5
BruceM

The word on the Smith-Wesson Forum and others is that they are not in operation. There have been complaints on numerous Forums which essentially state that they have been taking new orders and cashing checks immediately but no merchandise is ever shipped. That sure sounds like "out of business" to me. The information I have is that the original owner passed on a year or so ago and the family tried to continue the operation but, to be charitable, performed that task badly.

Bruce