The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 24, 2007, 09:19 AM   #1
DataMax

My Pacemaker ....

I have an implanted ICD just below my collar bone on my left shoulder. When I wear a shoulder holster the strap that comes over my left shoulder pushes on the upper left corner of the ICD. It does not take long, perhaps 30 minutes and it becomes so uncomfortable I have to take it off.

Does anyone know of a small pad that could/can be placed around the shoulder strap to ease the pressure on my ICD?

Does anyone know of a holster maker that takes things like ICDs into consideration in the design of their shoulder rigs?

Thank you.
Old January 24, 2007, 11:52 AM   #2
Duffy

I believe you might consider speaking with an occupational therapist. Find one who shoots or hunts, and then meet with them off the clock or you may get a horrible bill. on the other hand, your insurance might pay for it as "an adaptive device". They'll likely recommend fabricating something with spenco gel.

If you cannot find an occupational therapist in your area, send a private message through this forum, to me and I will find one. I was formerly with the Veterans Health Administration and have inumerable contacts. In your private message, tell me if you are a veteran, and tell me what geogrpahic area you live near - I will not need your name, phone, or address.

If you are not a veteran, I can still scrounge up an occupational therapist without too much trouble.
Old January 24, 2007, 11:57 AM   #3
DataMax

What a GREAT idea ... I have a neighbor who is an occupational therapist, our daughters go to school together and my is an RN at the same hospital where he works. I know I can get him "Off the Clock"