The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old November 23, 2009, 03:27 AM   #51
phagar

There concern about a GPS guided rocket is quite understandable with the world situation we have today .As to some of the components listed such as stocks there are hundreds of people across the country that do stock work including making complete replacement stocks and I would be willing to bet most of them (unless they are a large business) do not pay the ITAR .I have never heard of any of them having a problem with the government over it either .I am sure if it had caused problems it would have been shouted from the roof tops by groups like the NRA .

Last edited by phagar; November 24, 2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old December 10, 2009, 08:17 PM   #52
subzero

Fox Carbine 9mm conversion kit

I noticed that in one of the earlier posts about the fox carbine someone had an interest in acquiring the 9mm conversion kit. I actually just received a fox carbine that I won in an auction and it included the 9mm bolt face, 9mm barrel, and the sten mag adapters. I am not really looking to sell the conversion, but I was considering having copies of the bolt face made by a gunsmith and either auctioning them on gunbroker or selling them direct if I can find enough interested people. I'm not really looking to turn a profit, I just would prefer to have the set-up cost that the gunsmith/machinist is going to charge be split among multiple people instead of myself paying a ridiculous fee for one or two spare parts to be made. The rest of the conversion requires Sten mag adapter bracket which I could instruct you how to make and a 9mm barrel (which I know where a surplus of new Demro 9mm barrels are available for $125 each). Let me know if anyone is interested.
Old December 19, 2009, 03:13 AM   #53
cobra983

Fox Carbine 45 ACP

Trapper John do you still make the hard plastic part for the firing action on the 45 acp? If so I would like to purchase one from you. If that is not possible , would you have the demensions that you could email them to me. My email is [email protected]
Thanks for your help, Ken
Old January 8, 2010, 03:10 PM   #54
ta2000

foxco carbine .45 extractor

I need an extractor for my foxco .45 carbine anybody have one or know where I can get one any help would be appreciated
Old January 12, 2010, 07:21 PM   #55
subzero

fox carbine extractor

Spare parts for these guns are close to non-existant. The only parts I've come across being available for these guns are spare stocks, 9mm barrels, and the original factory sling. I think your best bet at getting an extractor will be to have someone get a gunsmith to make a copy of it thiers for you. Its made of a very basic 1 piece construction so it shouldnt be a difficult task. Make sure you specify that you need a copy for a .45ACP bolt face and not the 9mm bolt face because the 9mm extractor is 1/4" shorter and won't work for you. Do you need an extractor spring as well? If so I will keep you posted when I find the appropriate sized spring for my gun.

Last edited by subzero; January 12, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old January 27, 2010, 11:21 PM   #56
ta2000

If anyone has the specs on the .45 extractor i could use them
Old March 6, 2010, 09:13 PM   #57
johngil2

Tac 1 buffer replacement

I have a Demro Tac 1 with a deteriorated buffer, just like the image in the.

Wanted to know from trapperjohn how much a replacement buffer would be?

Thanks
John
Old March 6, 2010, 10:42 PM   #58
spotter123654

look kinda like a deformed tommy gun
Old March 7, 2010, 09:18 PM   #59
MMcfpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil2
Tac 1 buffer replacement

I have a Demro Tac 1 with a deteriorated buffer, just like the image in the.

Wanted to know from trapperjohn how much a replacement buffer would be?

Thanks
John
He doesn't make them.
Old March 7, 2010, 11:26 PM   #60
johngil2

Buffer for Tac-1

Thanks for the response. I just came from the Crossroads of the West Gun show here in Vegas. I asked a few folks about the buffers but no luck. I will take it to a gunsmith. I copied the image of the buffer made of Delron so maybe I will be able to get one made.

Thanks
Old March 12, 2010, 09:01 PM   #61
jaycjr

I have a Demro in 45. Missing the charging handle. I'm looking for some pics of one so I can have one made. If anyone can help you can contact me at [email protected]. Also is there a spring that goes between the bolt and the bolt carrier?
Old June 19, 2010, 11:57 AM   #62
bignfast

I have rubber anti skid feet mentioned in a previous post if anyone needs them. Also in response to subzero. I need an extractor for the 9mm demro, so if its possible let me know a price on a copy of yours. I have the spring, thank you.

Last edited by bignfast; June 19, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old September 1, 2010, 03:22 AM   #63
BM59GUY

My First Post

I just became the Proud Owner of an origonal Fox Carbine in .45 ACP. It is in mint almost unfired condition. Luckily the buffer has already been replaced with what appears to be white Delrin, it is a hard nylon/plastic looking material. I have not fired it yet and before I do I would like to know if I should replace the buffer with a softer rubber-like material? If so I would definitely be interested in some one selling me some new anti-skid pads for my ladder or telling me what material is best to use. I am capable of doing my own repairs. Thank You in advance for Your response. I hope someone responds soom as I am chomping at the bit to take this baby to the range and run some rounds through her.
Old September 1, 2010, 08:02 AM   #64
Silver-Fox

Anti Skid Pads ?

I have a Fox in 9mm......what are Anti Skid pads ?
Old September 1, 2010, 10:26 PM   #65
MMcfpd

BM59GUY I fire mine (a Tri-C model) with a Delrin buffer. I don't think you should go to soft rubber. I have seen pictures of one supposedly fired without a buffer where the back of the receiver had cracked and separated, rendering the gun useful for parts only.
Old September 20, 2010, 03:07 AM   #66
Fred Silberkraus

demro 45 cal

[I] have had my demro 45 cal for over 30 years and its been a closet queen all that time. Would anyone hazard a guess what they are worth in todays market? I know that open bolt guns are as rare as hens teeth but still. Also are there any parts avail for them or conversion bbls and bolts. 9 mm is so much easier to shoot than 45. Would love to hear from others that have and shoot these little beasts. you can reach me at hk22045 at aol.com
Old September 20, 2010, 08:09 AM   #67
Skans

I know that this is an old thread, but I hope it doesn't get locked because its contains excelent information for those that have the Demro / Fox carbines. I have a Demro Tac-1 .45. It's a neat gun. The information in this thread regarding the buffers is CRUCIAL to those that have these collectable guns.

I've never fired mine, but I do want to get one of those delrin buffers - if anyone still makes them.
Old September 21, 2010, 07:24 PM   #68
44 AMP
Staff

In today market, probably $800+, which is absolutely rediculous for such a piece of crap gun, but then, thats about what the open bolt Cobrays were going for the last time I saw one, and they aren't a good gun either.

open bolt guns are really, really frowned on by the BATF, and even though technically still legal, nobody will make them anymore. IT has to do with the "readily convertable to full auto" language in the laws.

Back in the early 80s the ATF was in court with Cobray over their guns, and while I'm not sure exactly how it was finally settled, I do know that some dealers were "discouraged" from delivering the open bolt guns to customers at that time. And, Cobray did change their M11/9 to a closed bolt operation.

As a collector's item, the Demro is an example of an era. As a good shootable gun (that will last) its not. They were cheap junk when the Tommygun (semi) sold for $250. They're still cheap junk, just able to bring more cash on the market today than when new.
Old September 25, 2010, 11:34 PM   #69
bignfast

chibardun.net

delrin is way to hard the buffers i make r a hard oil resistant rubber that perform for a lifetime. if anyone interested contact me leave me a message with contact info

Last edited by bignfast; September 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old January 18, 2011, 02:57 PM   #70
foxcarbine

On the contrary, Delrin is perfect for Fox and Demro Carbine type buffers. We have even used aluminum successfully.

A buffer without good rigidity could compress too much allowing for the rear of the bolt to make contact with the drive spring rod pad or even the back of the receiver housing with certain bolts The bolt dimensions varied over time and manufacture. Also, if the material is not rigid enough the bolt could have a tendancy to ride up putting stress on the top cover.

This information is provided by John Hoover, one of the original owners of the Tri-C corporation in Meriden, Connecticut. I am helping him provide the history of the gun and recollections of his good friend and former business partner Gerard Fox. You can see more information at foxcarbine.com .
Old November 19, 2011, 03:42 PM   #71
joezeta

Bringing this back Again....

i picked one up recently.....Buffer needed to be replaced.....there is a seller on Gunbroker Stephen King in CT who i believe was affiliated with the original production....

I purchased a Buffer from him, $16 or $17.00 Fit perfect...
Im waiting on a Take down pin that he hopefully will be supplying...

One of the Eyelets on the lower broke off/missing......i need to have something grafted on to repair...

Reason for the post..... i NEED A MANUAL, Copy is fine.....taking this thing apart....im not as smart as others....i need some instructions !!

Any help appreciated......Will buy copy, etc....

Thankyou, Joe [email protected]
Old May 21, 2012, 01:25 PM   #72
joezeta

Just got the pin from the same seller....... he has some interesting NOS parts as well.....Folding Stock, Barrels...

Still looking to purchase a copy/scan of the original manual in regards to disassembly/assembly...

Thanks, Joe
Old June 9, 2013, 10:36 PM   #73
bignfast

buffers/ extractors

I have a 9mm demro. I have buffers that are great heavy duty will last a lifetime, I've put hundreds of rounds through mine with no problems. Also I have extractors for the 9mm version made out of a way better tool steel than original version made to exact specs of factory original. If interested let me know
Old September 16, 2014, 06:03 PM   #74
gunlover83

Demro 9mm

I need an extractor for the Demro 9mm xf7 Wasp.
Old October 15, 2017, 09:04 PM   #75
cptbhern

I just purchased a Demro Tac-1 9mm.
It is missing the extractor.
Does any one know where to buy an extractor or a full size drawing or picture of the extractor?