The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 3, 2013, 08:05 PM   #1
jimbucks

Good service from Midway USA

Recently purchased several boxes of Federal 44 Magnum Rem 240 grain HydraShok JHP ammo. Online purchase was easy, and shipped quickly.

Would gladly do business with them again.
Old April 4, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2
BumbleBug

I'm a Loyal Customer

I once bought 100 .22-250 Win cases bulk packaged from Midway. I started going through my sorting process & right away I noticed that a number of cases had flash holes off center. You could roll them on the table & see it! When my sorting process exceeded 33% I called Midway & complained. They quickly made good & sent me 100 Rem cases. I've been a loyal customer & fan ever since!

Just FYI...

...bug
Old April 7, 2013, 01:34 AM   #3
Silver00LT

Four orders with this company....all 100% service. Except for powder, primers and .308 bullets I have been getting everything else through them. I purchased a bulk lot of "blemished" .224 bullets from them at 30% savings...get the box maybe 10% had a discoloration on the bullet where the collar seats. Other than that the lot looks FLAWLESS.

Now if they can just keep stuff in stock. lol

Last edited by Silver00LT; April 7, 2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old April 7, 2013, 08:21 PM   #4
wateroperator1972

2 thumbs up for Midway USA also. I placed an order for a stock last week. They told me 5 business days to receive. Got it in 2. Great turnaround.
Old April 7, 2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Silver00LT

Yeah I received my last order Saturday when it was suppose to be here on the 9th.
Old April 8, 2013, 08:15 AM   #6
globemaster3

I've probably ordered a dozen AR-15 5 round and 30 round magazines from them, amongst other parts, over the last few years. The customer service is always friendly and I've never had a problem with the shipping time or items themselves.

Some mention that they can find same/similar items cheaper at other places, but for a 1-stop shop for pretty much everything, they do pretty good!

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
Old April 8, 2013, 12:47 PM   #7
balyon85

Re: Good service from Midway USA

Glad you guys had good luck. I had poor luck. Ordered #4 buck on backorder on 3/22, stated at the time it would ship around today. Just spoke with a rep, they over sold the backorder and I can't expect it to ship till 7/20, ya, thanks for the great service. I cancelled and won't be buying from them for a while.
Old April 8, 2013, 01:10 PM   #8
globemaster3

Mistakes can and do happen in any business. How they treat you during the situation is a true mark of their service. Care to expound on their handling of the situation?

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
Old April 8, 2013, 01:12 PM   #9
balyon85

Re: Good service from Midway USA

Not much they can do. Apologized for the inconvience, but still stuck waiting three months when I thought it be shipped this week.. So I cancelled my order and will look elsewhere.
Old April 10, 2013, 09:00 AM   #10
chiefr

I quit ordering from Midway (pre panic) as they were generally more expensive and shipping costs were much higher that most of the others.

As of late, I have resumed ordering from Midway, If they have something in-stock, it ships either the same day or the following day. With the panic at full force, Midway amazes me as a progressive company that has adaptive, proactive management.

Most other retailers have a 3-4 week ship time on in-stock items.
Old April 11, 2013, 10:58 PM   #11
Silver00LT

You sure they did not receive the late notice from the manufacturer?

Here lately a lot of manufacturers are the culprit to bad sales.
Old April 12, 2013, 03:54 AM   #12
theblakester

Good service from Midway USA

I just want to add, so that everybody knows, midwayusa donated $1 million to the NRA-lLA a month or 2 ago as a celebration to reaching a high point in the history of their company. They hit 1 million active customers within the past year, and celebrated by donating a million dollars to the NRA. Basically, for the first time, there have been 1 million different customers who have bought from them at least once within the last year.
I wouldn't hesitate to pay a little more shopping with them, rather than a company like Cheaperthandirt, who suspended all gun sales after sandy hook.
Old April 12, 2013, 07:46 AM   #13
Silver00LT

Don't even get me started on CTD. I bought a box of 50 rounds of PMC Bronze ammunition which is foreign ammo made in South Korea. The pawn shop I bought it from sold it for $20. CTD is selling the SAME ammo for $69.69 PLUS shipping. They will not be getting my business. Never bought from them before, but if a local mom and pop gun store/pawn shop can sell it for 1/3 of what a major internet company sells it for then something is wrong. Not to mention they stopped the sales of firearms after the Sandy Hook incident.