The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 13, 2008, 03:55 PM   #1
Wildalaska

Meritorious Members

I just thought of this while I was...well forget what I was doing....but anyway I dont know if the software handles this, or even if the mods want it, but it seems to me that there are some guys here who are outstanding in their knowledge of certain things....I'm thinking of course of guys like Antipitas (L&P), Zak Smith (shooting), Mas Ayoob, Denny Hanson (tactics and training), Jim Keenan, Dfarriswheel, Jim Watson, Harley Nolden (Gun models and History, gunsmithing, general gun knowledge), Pax (womens shooting) and others.....(don't be offended if I left YOU, whoever you may be) out

In other words folks who most of us should defer to as, quite frankly, they are usually right...now I understand some of these meritorious members are staff too but is there a way to give folks who are outstanding special recognition? Little star by their name? Or a boolet?

This would have to be a staff gig of course, you guys could say...hey, this dude knows his stuff, lets give him a star. The members here could nominate if you want...

WildjustathoughtAlaska ™
Old August 14, 2008, 08:37 AM   #2
pesta2

Quote:
I'm thinking of course of guys like Antipitas (L&P), Zak Smith (shooting), Mas Ayoob, Denny Hanson (tactics and training), Jim Keenan, Dfarriswheel, Jim Watson, Harley Nolden (Gun models and History, gunsmithing, general gun knowledge), Pax (womens shooting) and others.....(don't be offended if I left YOU, whoever you may be) out
Forgot to add Wildalaska.
Old August 14, 2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Wildalaska

Not me, I'm quantity, not quality. I'm the kid in the back of the class making noise and destined for a State University while Zak and those other guys will get into Hah-vahd...

WildleavemoutpleaseAlaska TM
Old August 14, 2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Evan Thomas

There's a mention in the Board FAQ of something called "Reputation," which seems like it could be used this way -- although I never seem to see the little "reputation" icons in the boards I look at.

And why don't I see them, by the way? Is this something that mods just choose not to enable, or...?

Not that it's too hard to figure out whose posts are really, seriously worth reading, and whose aren't.

Or whose signatures are worth reading, for that matter...
Old August 15, 2008, 08:55 AM   #5
w_houle

In an instance like this I would suggest changing the part under your name for something more appropriate, so instead of senior member you would have something else. TFL is calm and there isn't much flaming going on, but to put a reputation system in place is just waiting for a rep war to start. I have been on two boards that had rep and it always had to go.
Old August 15, 2008, 01:55 PM   #6
Pahoo

We all try to do our best in our own best ways. It's understood that there are folks on here with different levels of experience and expertise and they are all truly appreciated. I review all posts that interests me and seldom question their authors. I have learned much from the newbees as well as the so called experts. We already have to many beauty pageants. You have the right to make your measure and sort, any way you wish. Work it out and work through it.

Be Safe !!!