The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 7, 2014, 03:48 PM   #1
stonewall50

Force on Force options?

I am wondering if anyone has any idea on cheap an affordable force on force training options? I have looked at Airsoft but they are limited and inaccurate. And not very durable.

Paintball? Not really an option.

Only thing I've seen is simunution...but not only is it expensive and hard to find dealers in my area...but they don't even make converters for my gun. They don't even make a standalone handgun for training only (which they should).
Old April 7, 2014, 03:56 PM   #2
Sharkbite

UTM????
Old April 7, 2014, 04:16 PM   #3
Glenn E. Meyer

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g17tfx

That's a stand alone training Glock but LEO only.

I might disagree about airsoft. They have been used successfully.

http://www.krtraining.com/KRTraining...rceOnForce.pdf

Last, reasonable FOF has to be scripted and refereed - else it becomes crappy cowboys and native americans.

For revolvers some use Code Eagle if you can find it.
Old April 7, 2014, 04:30 PM   #4
AK103K

Airsoft is a pretty broad term. What type of Airsoft guns were you looking at? They go anywhere from toyish "cheap" to full blown replica "expensive".

I have a couple of KJWorks P229's that are gas guns and work just like the real thing. I think I paid about $125 each for them. They go in your everyday holster and mag carriers. I had one go down last year due to a broken part, but that was after 7 years of fairly steady use. The mags can occasionally be a problem, but thats usually just an "O" ring replacement.

With the decent ones, I think youre going to find they are a lot more accurate than you might think. At across the basement distances, 30 feet or so, mine shoot decent ragged hole target type groups, and do about as good as a real gun when shot realistically.

I have an electric MP5 with an old BSA red dot mounted, that will put 6 out of 10 into the 1 1/2" holes in my burn barrel at about 25-30 yards. It will easily hit 18" trees at the wood line 50 yards from the house.