The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 1, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1
1hogfan83

Anyone carry a P239?

I was looking at guns online and I came across the Sig P239. I know it's a bit wide for carry but the description said it only weighed 25oz. I know it doesn't hold many rounds but I like sig accuracy. Any info or experience would be appreciated.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old August 1, 2012, 05:29 PM   #2
AK103K

I had one. They are good guns, reliable and accurate, but as you noticed, for their size they are somewhat limited in capacity. My P226's and P229's were basically the same size, and carried just as easily, and carried about double the on board ammo.
Old August 1, 2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Viper99

I have a P239. Very accurate, carries well and a great trigger in sa. Always thinking about selling it or trading it but can never pull the trigger because it has my favorite setup. DA/SA with decocker and is a Sig. Is hard to get equal value.
Old August 1, 2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Southern Rebel

I have carried one since the day I went to full-time carry. I just decided that I needed to carry something that was accurate for ME and was very reliable.

When absolute concealment is a requirement, I revert back to my Kel-tec PF-9. I have to admit the Kel-tec is somewhat more comfortable when sitting, but comfort is not especially high on my list of necessities when it come to family and personal protection.
Old August 1, 2012, 09:39 PM   #5
10-96

I carry one 98% of the time- the other 2% is either a S&W 19 or a 1911. I love the thing and everything about it except the ruther limited amount of ammo. But on that note, the slim clip is quite easy to slide along whatever in in my back pocket at the time for a spare clip.

I was a little miffed when we got our duty 229's in and I saw what little difference there is in size between my bare stock 229 and my 239 with Hogue grips. One of these days I'll be financially ahead enough to get a 229 and 3 or 4 extra clips, but until then- I'm perfectly happy with the 239 and cant think of a single thing I'd trade it for.

...ok, I'd probably trade it for either an original 210 or even a used one. Who wouldn't?

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.