Extensive legal and tactical but never FOF 15 13.64%
Extensive legal but just paper punching with the gun 4 3.64%
Little or No Legal but Extensive Tactical and FOF 24 21.82%
Little or No Legal, Extensive Tactical but Little/No FOF 12 10.91%
Training?.... uh.....huh, huh.... uh 25 22.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 2, 2009, 09:37 PM   #26
w_houle

Army, KSARNG, Hunter's safety course, and sleeping in a Holiday Inn Express!
Old September 2, 2009, 11:40 PM   #27
serf 'rett

Geee willikers, one can get training for this stuff? I certainly know the recent CCL class wouldn't qualify for much training. Punched a few holes back in mid 70's with college NROTC rifle and pistol team.
Old September 3, 2009, 12:07 AM   #28
Skan21

Army Infantry, 16 months (12 in Mosul, 4 in Baghdad) in Iraq, and ditto the Holiday Inn Express. So does the HIE count as legal expertise? 'Cause if it does, I might have to change my answer.

Some of you guys need to trade in a few of those Safe Queens and see if you can get a good deal on a Sense of Humor.- Me
Old September 3, 2009, 05:38 PM   #29
sholling

I'd add more choice if it were my poll. For example what is extensive? I day and 200rds? 3 days and 1000rds? 6000 hours and 100,000rds? Define it. As it is you'll have guys with 4 hours defining it as extensive and others with 80 hours saying not extensive.
Old September 3, 2009, 07:06 PM   #30
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling
I'd add more choice if it were my poll. For example what is extensive?
It would be nice to have more options but a mere 4 choices for each of three subjects would mean a poll with 64 combinations....

So far as defining "extensive", I thought about it but then I figured that the thread would turn into an argument about what is or is not extensive. So, I left it at your own opinion of whether or not your traing is extensive.
Old September 6, 2009, 12:32 PM   #31
G-man 26

Well, I have some martial arts, and some competition/tactical pistol class, and some legal (CCW class). We practice lots, and are beginning to ramp up our run-n-gun exercises. I don't call any of this "extensive", but I don't feel "duuuuuhhhhh" was a good answer either. That is what I put, because the little training I have is sadly closer to "duuuuuhhhhh" than extensive. Maybe I need to train more? We could always use more training.
Old September 6, 2009, 03:36 PM   #32
armsmaster270

Owned and taught @ my own state certified firearms, Baton & chemical agents training school, Armorer, Rangemaster, M.P., Squad Leader 270th M.P Co. (-) 16 years. 18 years as Civilian Police Officer, Silver Medal of Valor Recipient. one actual shooting and I won.