The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 14, 2018, 07:46 PM   #1
fallsflyer

Replacement stocks

I have a Luciano Rota model 83 that needs both stocks. I am able to find the fore end stock but the butt stock is not available. Does anyone have a lead on where I might be able to find one? Numrich has the forend, the butt is out of stock. The gun was imported through Navy Arms and some say even New England Arms.
I am wondering it the Tristar O/U might fit it! Does anyone know of a cross over that might get it close and then I can tool it to fit?
Old January 16, 2018, 04:23 AM   #2
Scorch

You could call Tristar
Old January 16, 2018, 12:33 PM   #3
fallsflyer

tristar

Thanks for the info, I already did call them, the only way they will sell a stock is to have a serial number for a tristar gun. The cost of new stocks are $250, more than the gun is worth. For that price I would just buy a new Tristar Upland Hunter at Walmart for $357.00
Old January 16, 2018, 01:18 PM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

Make it yourself. Go to TSJC summer school and take the stockmaking class under Glen Morovits. Glen used to (and may still be) on the committee that certified gunmakers for membership in the Custom Gun Makers' Guild. You'll be learned from the best.

You've got two guns to stock. Take the stock duplicator class too. Bring both stocks and use them as patterns to make the new stocks. Then in stockmaking you fit and finish them.
Old January 16, 2018, 02:40 PM   #5
T. O'Heir

Tri-Star's FAQ page says they're a repair/warranty facility and may or may not have parts. Very much doubt they'll fix it anyway.
"...more than the gun is worth..." There's a lot of that with stuff that hasn't been made for eons.
Give Bob's Gun Shop a call. No mention of Rota, but they sell all kinds of odd stuff.
http://www.gun-parts.com/index.html/
Old January 18, 2018, 12:51 PM   #6
fallsflyer

Luciano Rota Stocks

Does anyone have both stocks for a Luciano Rota model 83, 12 ga. O/U? The gun was imported by Navy Arms and is no longer in business. I have uncovered every stone on the internet with no luck. Just wondering if someone might be able to help me out.
Old February 10, 2018, 06:19 PM   #7
Romulus

I would contact RFM Armi which is the successor to Luciano Rota (he's likely dead since he founded the company back in the 50s). Link is http://www.rfmarmi.it/index.php?idl=2

Best of luck

Ti faccio vedere come muore un italiano