The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old August 3, 2009, 10:54 AM   #26
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Go look at who has leased that base property... russian interests are one. I am trying to remember where it is located but IIRC Cosco shipping isn't just using municipal port space, I think are leasing for their own private use somewhere.
And Clinton was too sly to overtly close a base to lease it to chinese. Heck, remember it was a clinton cronie that walked into a state/federal park/forest and shot himself in the back of the head a few times
Brent
Old August 3, 2009, 11:02 AM   #27
dogtown tom

Quote:
GringoGrande: Dogtown........ High Five on giving the trans discounts to LE, MIL and TEACHERS.... fantastic, just simply fantastic.
Thank you. I just wish more of the .mil's were home to take advantage of it!

Quote:
hogdogs: ....And Clinton was too sly to overtly close a base to lease it to chinese. Heck, remember it was a clinton cronie that walked into a state/federal park/forest and shot himself in the back of the head a few times
Clinton was so sly that he closed the base in 1991, two years before he actually took office.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...long_beach.htm

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old August 3, 2009, 12:37 PM   #28
ADB

Quote:
Heck, remember it was a clinton cronie that walked into a state/federal park/forest and shot himself in the back of the head a few times
Yeah, that was the guy who was involved in faking the moon landings to cover up the plan to ship Elvis to Neptune.
Old August 3, 2009, 03:23 PM   #29
BlackFeather

if the banning of norinco shotguns being imported is true then I wouldnt be able to find them at Big5... which is where I bought mine... This year... like 5 months ago...

[Insert random irrelevant religious quote here]
Old August 3, 2009, 03:57 PM   #30
Hkmp5sd

Quote:
Makes the rest of your off-topic post look less than credible.

<Deleted to be polite and I have no further wish to discuss the subject>

If you look at the Blue Book of Gun Values, you will notice that many Norinco firearms ceased to be imported in 1995. The reason is because of the Clinton/Chinese agreement. This is easily verified by a Google search.

Interstate Arms is the current importer of Norinco Firearms.

NRA Life Member

Last edited by Hkmp5sd; August 3, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old August 3, 2009, 04:24 PM   #31
ADB

Quote:
If you look at the Blue Book of Gun Values, you will notice that many Norinco firearms ceased to be imported in 1995. The reason is because of the Clinton/Chinese agreement. This is easily verified by a Google search.
The fact that it's no longer legal to sell or broker certain Chinese munitions and weapons isn't disputed. It's the tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory part that people are giving you trouble about. As far as I can see, it's a perfectly straightforward case of protectionism. What domestic rifle manufacturer would want to try and sell a $500 AR or similar model in an environment where you could pick up a $99 Norinco SKS and dirt cheap ammo? Does anyone really think that the requirement for X number of US made parts has anything to do with safety?
Old August 3, 2009, 04:31 PM   #32
Hkmp5sd

Please to go GOOGLE and type in "CLINTON" and "NORINCO".

NRA Life Member
Old August 4, 2009, 03:27 AM   #33
GringoGrande

This post derailed and Degraded over STUPIDTY and Petty things

Great, yet another post on barrel length ( or insert subject here) turned into a geography cow chip throwing contest. My brother was right when he left both boards, I think it is time for me to do the same, bunch of whinning & bickering girlie men and over the stupidest and sillest of things..... Hasta all, I have better things to do.

Gringo :mad
:
Old August 4, 2009, 03:47 AM   #34
JohnKSa
Staff

Rather than clean it up, I'm going to lock it.

The OP is free to start another thread if he feels his question hasn't been answered.