The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 15, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1
precision_shooter

Successful Hunt!!

Went out pig hunting last night. Got these 3 at last light. Dropped the big sow first, got the 1st piglet on the run. 2nd one got away, but came back about 5 mins later and dropped him next to the sow. All in all, it was a good evening.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but it's all I had. I was in the middle of saying something when the pic was taken...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pigs1.jpg (87.5 KB, 300 views)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old March 15, 2011, 09:44 PM   #2
mo84

looks like you will be eating good for a lil while. I thought it would be cool to go pig hunting but we dont have any in michigan. what kind of rifle did u take them with?
Old March 15, 2011, 09:59 PM   #3
precision_shooter

I used my Rock River AR that i'm holding in the pic. Ammo was 55gr. Vmax Fiocchi.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old March 15, 2011, 10:01 PM   #4
mo84

looks to be a nice gun and certinly did its job
Old March 15, 2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Double Naught Spy

That is a very good hunt...but try not to look so battlefield traumatized when your photo is taken, LOL! There is nothing wrong with being proud of a successful hunt or just doggone happy those monsters have transcended their destructive plane to a better place.

Where were you hunting?

Quote:
I thought it would be cool to go pig hunting but we dont have any in michigan.
I think you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrV9es13qgk
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...rries_dis.html

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...230---,00.html
Old March 16, 2011, 08:13 AM   #6
mquail

Congrats on the trio.

This is my first post on this forum. I'm sitting up here in NE South Dakota and up to my eyeballs in melting snow. Anytime someone posts a picture like this you'd be doing me a favor cause looking out the window isn't one of my strong suits.

I'm now retired and thinking of moving to a warmer climate, NM or AZ. One thing high on my "to do" list is a Texas hog hunt.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:25 AM   #7
precision_shooter

Quote:
Congrats on the trio.

This is my first post on this forum. I'm sitting up here in NE South Dakota and up to my eyeballs in melting snow. Anytime someone posts a picture like this you'd be doing me a favor cause looking out the window isn't one of my strong suits.

I'm now retired and thinking of moving to a warmer climate, NM or AZ. One thing high on my "to do" list is a Texas hog hunt.
Thanks and welcome to TFL!

We have more hogs in Texas than you can count. They are a real problem and we can use all the hunters we can get.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:44 AM   #8
mquail

If there are hogs in N Texas I have in-laws there. My boy will be getting out of the Army so it might be a great father/son hunt. This all sounds real doable and fun.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:48 AM   #9
precision_shooter

Quote:
If there are hogs in N Texas I have in-laws there. My boy will be getting out of the Army so it might be a great father/son hunt. This all sounds real doable and fun.
There are plenty in N Texas. These 3 were shot on a friends property in Montague County about 10 miles north of Bowie, TX.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:56 AM   #10
mquail

Thanks. They are in Burkburnett. That should work out real well.