The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Closed Thread

Old March 17, 2008, 03:31 PM   #26
2004farmertom

Wilkinson Arms Linda magazines

I've been told that high capacity Browning High Power mags will work by altering the notch for the mag catch I've got a couple ordered I'll let you know how it works out
Old April 4, 2008, 10:45 AM   #27
2004farmertom

Magazines/ explode view Linda

The Browning high power Magazines I bought (25RDafter market) required relocating the mag catch they function fine with no feed problem they do hold open the bolt when empty the bolt appears to catch on the mag follower I'm going to try moving up the notch and or rounding off back of follower on the plus side these mags are cheap and available. If your interested I have the gun digest manual mentioned earlier post( gun there is a terry) also a eploded view of a linda will try to scan and e mail if someones interested
Old June 2, 2008, 01:31 PM   #28
smelt240

Looking for parts for J&R m68

Hello all,I recently bought a M68 carbine,and after firing 2 clips,the trigger mechanism let go....it had been brazed in its history,and when that broke,it allowed the piece that strikes the pin to travel too far,snapping that as well...I am looking for anybody who knows of any parts for sale for these guns,I think any of the wilkinson/j&r setups would work,also,anybody looking for mags,there is a guy on gunbroker selling them NIB,a little expensive,but probably worth grabbing a few...thanks for any help
Old June 23, 2008, 05:29 PM   #29
jgrns

Parts for Terry 9MM Carbine

For Anyone that may be interested, I have a number of parts for the Terry Carbine....firing pins, springs, stocks....wood and folding, "lower receivers" (pistol grip metal), etc. I'd like to sell the lot.
[email protected]
Old July 23, 2008, 02:06 PM   #30
AKSully

Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine

I'm hoping someone can help....I have a Linda Carbine. I am looking like most others for; the original manual (hard copy or scanned) and extra magazines.

And I am trying to locate a link for NorthWest Arms in Idaho. Does anyone know if this company is still in business and provide support for the Linda?

Appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

Aksully
Old September 16, 2008, 09:20 AM   #31
impactco

I have a 3mb .pdf of the M68 manual which is very similar. Give me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Old September 20, 2008, 09:26 AM   #32
shadowland52

Wilkinson Diane

Does anyone out there have an exploded view of the Wilkinson Diane 25 caliber?
Old September 25, 2008, 09:16 AM   #33
shaman

i chuckle to myself when i think of all the linda pistols i passed up with a somewhat upturned nose back in the days.

same with those norinco and polytech POS ak's.

man i shoulda bought em till my bank accounts bled!

there is one in a gunshop in wenatchee washington for sale, or was a couple weeks ago. if someone buys that, go ahead and buy the pretty 1937 stamped mauser98 they have that i could not talk the wife into letting me buy!
Old January 30, 2009, 08:33 AM   #34
Redwrench1

I just Bought A J&r eng. carbine looking drawings or parts

I was wondering if anyone had measurements of the firing pin and the bar that connects the trigger to the firing mecanism. I heard its a fun gun but on the hunt for parts or drawings to get this one back to operating thanks for any help. Can email [email protected] with any help thanks again
Old January 30, 2009, 02:44 PM   #35
svenrh

All the different models of Wilkinson Arms turn up in the Boise, ID gunshops frequently (Buckhorn, Boise Gun). Wilkinson Arms and it's followers are defunct at this time, although I have heard rumors the equipment is still in the old building in Parma, ID.
Old February 19, 2009, 12:49 AM   #36
koginam

Wilkerson did do many improvements over the m-68 but J&R didn't develop the gun it was the brain child of mr. Ingram who also invented the Mac 10 and many other guns. The high power, Beretta and Taurus mags can be made to fit. I was at a Spokane gun show and Northwest had a 40 cal version, I don't think they ever produced any for sale. A earlier experience with Northwest or at least the owner Boyd Gray, left a foul taste in my mouth so I didn't buy any guns from them.
Old February 19, 2009, 01:50 PM   #37
jgrns

Parts for Terry 9mm Carbine***SOLD

Sorry to those of you that inquired but all the parts were sold some time ago to a gentleman in Washisnton.
Thanks for the inquires.
Old July 31, 2010, 04:00 PM   #38
Trdinput

Wilkenson Arms

At 19 years old, I worked for Ray fabricating all the parts that went into the Linda, Sherry, and Terry. I was never allowed to completely assemble and test fire his babies. They were literally his babies as they were named after his daughters.

I can say that these pistols frames were made from high quality aluminum alloy extrusions and the tolerances were kept + - .002. The barrels were drilled and reamed with a new reamer every time barrels went into production. After 50 barrels, the reamer was replaced and a new one took its place. We would then pull a new broach through the barrel producing very nice rifling, without chatter.

When I was working there, Ray had a contract to produce a full auto version that was sent abroad to some South American country. The BATF allowed this for only one year.

Ray was a very proud man and would spend a little more money than most
when it came to manufacturing. He would scrap parts if they were just .0005 off. Boy do I remember that, I got chewed pretty good one day for fly cutting the frames out of tolerance. Those aluminum extrusions were obviously high dollar and I had even seen him reject them right on the truck due to them being slightly twisted.

Bottom line, It was an extremely well manufactured firearm that was all fit by hand, none of this CNC stuff.

Thank you,
Trdinput
Old September 20, 2011, 11:21 AM   #39
41hijinx

I own a Linda

I bought a new Linda at a local gun show years ago. I have 5 of the high capacity magazines and an original holster. I have put no more than a hundred or so rounds through it and it shot just fine.
Old December 19, 2011, 08:56 PM   #40
scarrylarry

My Linda

I have owned my Linda which I purchased new since probably the 80's. I still have the original owners manual two mags and I think the original reciept. I would be interested in parts mags or anything else someone my have for this gun. The are fun and shoot very acurate for being a breach fire pistol. I asked about a stock for this pistol but I was informed that It would be against the law unless I applied for a permit. I just found this post and glad that there was a lot of interest in the Linda.
Old June 18, 2012, 06:51 AM   #41
gig-a-hertz

I bought an original 00-xxxx serial # Linda Pistol ( Covina,Ca marked ) back in the 80's too. I still have it, and it would be among the last guns I'd ever get rid of.

It is one of just a few guns, that I actually worked-up a target load for and a tenth of a grain made big differences in group size.

Later, I found another 00-xxxx serial, but this one is from when Wilkinson moved to Idaho.

I did nothing with the second one for years, but eventually set it up identically to my original one..... Aimpoint 3000 using cheap Weaver rings....
and my 'load'. It dialed in so as to shoot just like the other one.

The absolute crazy thing about this setup, is that it/they shoot acurately with same POA from say .....25 feet to 100 yards once dialed-in....at least for me.

I have never shot further than 100 yards ( will try sometime ), but have shot 2" steel discs at 100 yards very sucessfully ....to the amazement of a buddy who was shooting a BDL .308 scoped at same stuff ....yea he hit them too ....but so did I.
Old August 28, 2015, 03:14 PM   #42
friendlyfred

Magazines for a Linda 9mm

Sent Tom a PM about converting the Browning hi-cap mag to fit the Linda but you other folks may have experience in doing the same. I have a Linda Carbine, NIB..just realized it came with only one mag. Have two mags coming to convert and ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Northwest Arms has gone South...no email response (bounced) and phone disconnected.
Tnx in advance..
Fred
Old August 29, 2015, 12:09 AM   #43
gyvel

Looks like Numrich has Wilkinson parts.
SIFE
Old August 29, 2015, 09:49 AM   #44
friendlyfred

Thank you, they had a magazine. Key word for search is "Linda"
Old August 29, 2015, 03:09 PM   #45
friendlyfred

Awk!!! Numrich, although they accepted the order, now says they have nothing to ship....Grrr

Last edited by friendlyfred; August 30, 2015 at 07:35 PM.
Closed Thread