The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 17, 2020, 11:17 AM   #1
kmw1954

Paid Ad, On-line Petition

Just came across this on Yahoo when I opened it up. It is listed as a Paid Ad and there really isn't much to it other that just an On-line Petition to Ban all AR 15's

Just how do we as gun owners fight this sort of thing? I certainly do not have the money to run a Rebuttal Ad.

https://go.stop-republicans.org/page...2F0ZUFSLTE1In0
Old February 17, 2020, 08:15 PM   #2
Mike38

Quote:
Just how do we as gun owners fight this sort of thing?
You don't. An on line petition holds about as much water as the cheese grater I used to prepare supper. Bottom line, all that petition is, is to bilk money from people. I'm sure before signing it, they ask for a donation, then they have your email address and will batter you for a year for more donations. The petition starter probably laughs his or her butt off every time some poor sap makes a donation. They use the donations to pay for that $10 a month web site, and the rest goes right into their pocket as "miscellaneous expenses".
Old February 17, 2020, 08:34 PM   #3
TXAZ

It looks like it’s 3 guys out of Chicago with most of their experience in being a cog in various. congressional campaigns.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old February 18, 2020, 04:27 AM   #4
Hal

Quote:
They use the donations to pay for that $10 a month web site, and the rest goes right into their pocket as "miscellaneous expenses".
Nope - according to the documentation on Open Secrets - the money the StopRepublicans.org PAC collects, it's donated to democratic candidates all over the country.

Quote:
Just how do we as gun owners fight this sort of thing? I certainly do not have the money to run a Rebuttal Ad.
Sure you do! All you have to do is form a PAC - like they did - submit all the proper documentation - then sit back and collect all the donations and distribute them to the opposing candidates - call your PAC something catchy like - Stop Democrats.

OR

Visit this list of PACs and check them out:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ees#Gun_rights

Maybe bring the link you posted to one of them and see if they can help you out.

This attitude of thinking online petitions are a waste is simply going to kill our side.
We are in a civil war & one of the main weapons in this war is the control of the flow of information - and our side is driving a spike in the heart of that critical flow.