The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 18, 2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Recon7

full duty belt

OK, I'm not a cop and no longer want to be one. I did however get a part time job working armed security to get me through college. I have to get a
Duty belt,
Retention holster for a G17
2 mag pouch
Asp or other good baton
OC
Cuffs
nylon or kydex should be good for all of the above
I have a little over a week to get all this stuff and I don't want to spend a ton of money. I believe in quality gear, but I have seen soldiers spend way too much on gear, and I am not gonna be that guy. It's also just a part time job, so I don't want to spent my whole first paycheck.
any recommendations of brands or online stores (if they offer fast shipping) would be greatly appreciated.

so far I am looking at uncle mikes duty belt, Blanchi accumold, uncle mikes kydex 2 mag, and the asp looks like $70-$100
also is a kydex magpouch going to beat up plastic glock mags?
Old April 18, 2008, 03:50 PM   #2
MADISON

Full duty belt

Weather you ware LEATHER or NYLON depends on what your employer will allow. My recommendation is to go to
www.ebay.com
and bid on what you want. I type in Bianchi Holsters.
Old April 18, 2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Recon7

Boss says nylon, I will definitely check out ebay and craigslist.
Old April 20, 2008, 06:53 PM   #4
f8lranger4x4

ebay and sportsman guide
Old April 20, 2008, 10:13 PM   #5
jfrey123

If time is of the essence, check out your local big box outdoor store (Sportsman's, Cabela's, etc.) Uncle Mike gear should do the trick for cheap...

I swear by a nylon belt from Uncle Mike for my open carry in the desert. I even use a few of his nylon pouches (one zipper, two velcro) and one of the Kydex holsters for my G17. Their kydex retention holsters kick ass: fully adjustable cant, height and tightness of retention. If you're required to have a thumb break, they got those too. AVOID the nylon holsters... Spend the extra $4 on the kydex lol.

Many are about to flame me for the Uncle Mike's gear, but as long as it's not a nylon holster for CCW, their stuff does the job just fine. (Although, their little pocket holsters with no clips work great for my airweight... but that's another thread )
Old April 27, 2008, 02:00 AM   #6
tc556guy

Uncle Mikes for the belt and holster have worked for me. The rest of my stuff is mix and match.