The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 11, 2005, 05:20 PM   #1
AustinMike

Milt Sparks IWB holster choice?

OK, I've decided to give a good IWB holster a try with my Taurus PT-145. Seems like most folks have nothing but good things to say about Milt Sparks and after months of reading up on the subject, I've decided to go with them. I like the design of the Watch Six and Versa Max 2, with the loops to the side. I almost never tuck my shirt in, so I'm not worried about needing that feature of the Versa Max 2. I'm after comfort more than anything. The Watch Six is thinner, so that sounds good. Also helps that it's a good deal cheaper than the Versa Max 2.

I placed an order for the Watch Six, but I'm wondering if I made the right decision. Is the Versa Max 2 worth the extra money for the easier reholstering and tuck over feature? I'm sure I still have time to change, seeing as how it's a 10-12 week wait.
Old May 11, 2005, 08:00 PM   #2
Sifu

I wear the VMII daily and it's easy to forget I have it on. I've ordered several holsters from MS over time and have been happy with all. For what it's worth, I was told the entire staff at MS wears the VMII.

Regards
Old May 13, 2005, 01:32 PM   #3
W Turner

When my well-loved and sometimes abused Summer Special gets retired, I will probably replace it with the Watch Six exactly for the reason you mentioned. It's less expensive, will have the same slim profile as the Versa Max, and I don't have a need for the shirt-tucking capability. The lack of a reinforced mouth is not preferable, but as long as you don't walk around with the empty holster in your belt a lot, I don't think it would be an issue.

W