The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 20, 2005, 02:02 AM   #1
kant

Aftermarket rail for Glocks?

If you have a first or second generation Glock, but still want a rail device like on the third gen, what are your options (if any)?

Suggestions to the effect that the person should quit being stingy and just buy a 3:rd gen will of course evoke uproarious laughter.
Old April 20, 2005, 03:15 AM   #2
MTMilitiaman

I am not aware of an aftermarket rail for a first or second generation Glock. The only ones I am aware of are for the 1911 and HK USP. If you wish to use a laser, I know there are internal designs that replace the guide rod in the recoil system. If you wish to mount a light, you may be SOL.

On a lighter note, I personally learned that uproarious is actually a word, in the dictionary, accepted in the English language.

Good luck with your search.
Old April 20, 2005, 04:17 AM   #3
kant

Nah, what I would really like to do (if I had a rail, that is) is get me one of those Fobus fore grip contraptions, and then get the Crimson-whatever laser sight - or possibly one of those neat little buggers that go under the name of "L.A.W.", or some such - and just sit all day caressing my prize, frantically imagining tha what I really am in possession of is a rather weird-looking H&K MP5K.
Old April 21, 2005, 05:51 PM   #4
Trapp

Buy a rail/rail devise for any of the numerous guns out there and cut it down to fit. Drill and countersink a few holes and Voila, Glock Rail Ala Homemade...........
Old April 21, 2005, 05:57 PM   #5
kant

Does one need rails för the BA-1 and BA-2 laser sights? Anyone have a picture?
Old April 23, 2005, 02:19 PM   #6
mikikanazawa

If you use a screw-on rail, you have to make sure the slide will clear the screws as it travels through the dust cover.

Personally I'm not sure this idea is feasible for a polymer gun. Works okay with steel, but still marginal imho.