The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 18, 2002, 03:04 PM   #1
jayhway

Northen Ca FFL

I searched the archives and couldn't find anything that matched.

Basically, I'm looking for a FFL to do an out of state purchase for me. The FFL that I usually use is getting out the gun business because of all the headaches to come in 2003. He was charging 10% + DROS, which I thought was a decent price. Now, after looking around, I see that FFL dealers are trying to rip me off!!
Most charge $50+ , and this is w/o the DROS. So for all the Northern California TFLers, where is a good place to do a transfer?
Old July 18, 2002, 05:23 PM   #2
RANash

My favorite guy works out of his house. He's a retired cop, just a really decent man. He's not too far away from you, just about 50 miles. He's the kind of guy that does this for the love of it, rather than the bucks. I try to use him for all purchases and transfers.

I'm not sure he would want me to post his name here, because he really doesn't want all that much business, so if you're interested, give a pm or e-mail me at [email protected].
Old July 18, 2002, 05:48 PM   #3
sven

Hey - that sounds like my guy in Sacramento. Let me know (via PM) if you need another reference (if I get approval). Same story: guy doesn't want that much business, runs the business out of his home - he's probably reading this thread right now, in fact.
Old July 20, 2002, 04:46 PM   #4
9mmdude

Try Sportsmans Access in Penryn. (Just outside of Roseville) They are right off of freeway 80 and they do transfers. 916 652-2220

Good people