The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 8, 2017, 04:11 PM   #1
tynman

SKS stripper clips

I just bought a Yugo SKS and it didnt come with any stripper clips. I would like to buy 5 to 10 of them. For the most of them the reviews are saying they dont work or need modification to work. I have been reading that the Yugo M67 ammo strippers work well with out and work on them. So if any of you members have any you would like to sell for a reasonable price please PM me. Or if you can tell me where I can find some to buy.

Thank you
Old March 9, 2017, 11:52 PM   #2
Chainsaw.

Some one is always selling them at gun shows. Plenty of places on line sell them. I think the biggest issue with folks having trouble with them is two fold, o e they done shove the clip in deep enough to start and two they dont show the bullets down with enough authority. You gotta JAM them suckers in. Youll get used to it and will be loading that thing fast in no time.
Old March 10, 2017, 12:12 AM   #3
Model12Win

Get the TAPCO 20 round mags.
Old March 10, 2017, 12:38 AM   #4
volkstrm

Don't get any of them 20-30 round mag's that say they work in the sks. Just keep the stock 10 round mag & use the clips. Its real easy & fast trust me on this. I can load an sks very fast with the clips. I would never put one of them jam-o-madic mags in a sks. Only a fool would.
Old March 10, 2017, 06:37 AM   #5
cptjack

got mine on fleabay Chinese. sis
Old March 10, 2017, 06:38 AM   #6
cptjack

got mine on fleabay Chinese. sks
Old March 10, 2017, 07:06 AM   #7
Texas45

Ones I bought at a local GS were packs of 10 for 5
Bought 2 packs
Work great on my Norinco SKS
I agree dont convert it accept the AK style mag.
An SKS should be well an SKS.
AKs are relatively affordable and they WORK with the removable mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old March 10, 2017, 11:56 AM   #8
Cope's Dist

If you're still looking...

http://www.copesdistributing.com/10r...39-p-3879.html

Mods...I hope it is ok to try and help him out? And any others looking for certain items. I have not been on the site here for awhile but am trying to start participating again.
Please feel free to contact me any time I may be of assistance. I believe there are some here who can vouch for us.

Flat Rate Shipping of $9.95 for as many items as you would like to order on one order shipping to the lower 48 states.

Enter “FREE50” in discount code box for free shipping on orders over $50.00

*** To Order, give us a call at 1 866 523 2673 Mon-Fri 9-5:30 EST or check out the website and/or order there.

Thanks, Geri @ Cope's Distributing

www.copesdistributing.com
Old March 10, 2017, 12:08 PM   #9
boesman82

I don't know what mod you have to do on the stripper clips but I found that if you insert then push the stripper clip forward then you won't have a issue pressing down but if you put the clip in and try to push the rounds down and in it tends to not work well.

So make sure to push the clips slightly forward and then push the rounds down and it should work just fine, has for me and I have a metric crap load of the stripper clip.
Old March 10, 2017, 04:16 PM   #10
tynman

I am leaving my SKS stock. I 1. cant have a 20 or 30 round mag here in NJ. 2 I dont want a detachable mag for it. 3 I like it the way it is.

I thank you for the site. I dont know which way to go cause I can get some Russian stripper clips and or Chinese ones and the ones all over the inter net. I just want them to work...

Now with mods that you have to do is grinding down some of the clip (the side that goes into the rifle) all the other issues Im reading about I think might be human error. You can just do a search on Utube and you will see the issues.

Again even getting them for $5 for 10 of them plus $10 for shipping I wouldnt mind paying but its the working part Im worried about. Dont need to start a collection of sks stripper clips that dont work...