The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 19, 2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Kimber84

Thunder Valley Precision Ohio

Anyone ever shot there before? If so what was your experience, good range? Crowded? Were they a welcoming bunch or disgruntled introverts ??

Thinking about going down there this Sunday and was curious of others experiences.

Thanks
Old October 22, 2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Kimber84

Well, no replies so I went and found out for myself. Tom Sarver ( the owner) is a great guy, very helpful and friendly. I felt like I may be treated as though I was out of place seeing that I don't have a bench gun, but Tom was very welcoming and treated me like an old friend.

The range is great, 200-1000 yards there are steel gongs along with a 600 and 1000 yard berm for paper punching.

On top of all of that there is a 1 mile berm as well in case you're feeling lucky.

If you live anywhere close to Ohio it would be well worth the trip. Also, he has monthly "headhunter" and "intimidator" shoots that you can attend. Spread throughout the property are different stages that you shoot. Looks like a great time and I'm sure I'll be back.

Just thought I'd throw this out for anyone who may be interested.
Old October 27, 2013, 08:03 AM   #3
std7mag

Thanks for that update Kimber!!

I have recently gotten a Savage 111 in 7mm Rem mag. Would like to try my hand at some longer ranges. My local range is 400 meters max.
I have heard of one place in Lewistown, PA. that has a 1000 meter range. Have not made it down there to check it out yet.
Old October 27, 2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Kimber84

Quote:
Originally Posted by std7mag View Post
Thanks for that update Kimber!!

I have recently gotten a Savage 111 in 7mm Rem mag. Would like to try my hand at some longer ranges. My local range is 400 meters max.
I have heard of one place in Lewistown, PA. that has a 1000 meter range. Have not made it down there to check it out yet.
Good deal.

I just picked up a Sig 3000 in .308, what a shooter so far with just cheap factory ammo. Gotta get some good glass on it here in the next couple of months then we'll see what it can do.