The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 23, 2000, 12:21 PM   #1
PJ11B3VF7

A good friend of mine in Kalifornia bought a S&W 410 to supplement her 2 German Shepherds for personal defense. She's now taking classes for her CCW and is hooked. BUT she doesn't have any holsters. Since she's rather curvy and I'm a guy I can't really help her out with holster selection.

Any ideas?

I think a IWB would be the best choice IMO. Keep in mind that she often wears skirts to work.

Oh yeah, she's now debating between a Kahr or a Glock because they're smaller and lighter

All this from someone who 3 months ago was scared of firearms and wouldn't go shooting at all. It's a wonder what some jerk who wanted to sexually harass her is turning her into. . Hehehe will he ever have a surprise if he tries to push the issue

------------------
Walk softly and carry a big stick (Yeah I know I stole it)
Old March 16, 2000, 01:11 PM   #2
Billy Sparks

You might want to try Mitch Rosen (yes I know he is expensive) or Blade Tech. Last year my wife and I were going to a DTI weekend class and I got her a Lady FIST holster for her P225. The problem was that once you got the belt tight enough to hold the holster secure it collapsed the wings of the holster and shoved the whole thing into her ribs.
Old March 16, 2000, 03:41 PM   #3
Jeff OTMG

There is a company in Dallas called Feminine Protection who specialize in purse holsters for the times when she wants off body carry because she is wearing to little. If she gets a smaller pistol and wears skirts, there are a number of concealment options like a thigh holster. A bra holster may be an option depending on how big both the pistol and she are and don't forget pocket or ankle carry.
Old March 16, 2000, 11:35 PM   #4
mike benedict

Most women fine regular men's holsters to be real uncomfortable.
as the gun digs into their ribs.
Of the women that I have made holsters for almost all have selected one of my IDPA approved offset holsters designed for women.
BTW the Kahr MK40 is an excellent pistol mine shoots into 2.5" at 25yds.

Mike Benedict
Talon Tactical Holsters
Old March 17, 2000, 09:24 AM   #5
jeffer

Just a thought, maybe she could talk to some lady police officers. They have the experience to know.