The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 13, 2000, 01:12 PM   #1
Mr. Pub

Perhaps someone suggested this already, I did a search but didn't find anything. Anyhow, how about a guest of the month section where you line up guests like say, Gaston Glock, Keltec president, the Smith & Wesson guy etc. maybe someone from ATF etc. and we get to ask them questions. We could ask our questions a day in advance and then they could go through the questions and answer them.

We have got 6000+ members. I would think that these people would be lining up to talk to us.
Old September 13, 2000, 04:01 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Great idea. But how about you line 'em up?
Rich
Old September 13, 2000, 04:30 PM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Mr. Pub = Mr Publicity
Old September 14, 2000, 02:09 AM   #4
Mr. Pub

My experience with other forums is that it is usually someone with a higher paygrade (i know you don't get paid), like an administrator who emails people they know or contacts press relations people of gun manufacturers etc. to line up guests. I'm not sure they would take a low ranking sr. member seriously. Here is an example of how they do it in a futures trading forum http://forum.ino.com/

TFL is probably the largest general firearms forum in the world. I would think that people would jump at the chance to be highlighted here.
Old September 14, 2000, 09:01 AM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

OK, request taken seriously. The fact is that we simply don't have the human resources to throw at this. It requires the following to be done right:
- Identification
- Communication and explanation
- Handholding to get them on the right site at the right time.
- Moderation to keep the juveniles in line.

We simply don't have anyone who is able to commit to such an endeavor.
Rich

Old September 14, 2000, 10:12 AM   #6
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

MR Pub - Your idea is a good one... its just that, that goal is a little high right now.
I'ld volunteer to work on this effort, but right now I dont have the time to devote to it. Rich is right.