The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 9, 2018, 07:45 PM   #1
rickmelear

Win Ranger 127+P+

Been out of the performance ammo loop for a few years. Just wondering if Win Ranger 127+P+ is still a top performance ammo in 9mm. Bought a CZ evo carbine from a friend in need a few months ago and looking for a defensive ammo to feed it.
Thanks
Old October 10, 2018, 02:51 PM   #2
rock185

In looking at the Lucky gunner tests, the 127 +P at ~1200 FPS looks pretty inconsistent. Might be just the thing in a carbine at higher velocity though. I used to buy, use and carry the 127 +P , but never did any gel testing with it. I'd have to go through old chronograph notes, but probably chronographed it in a carbine somewhere along the way. I don't recall seeing any gel testing with the 127+P in a carbine, but such tests might be out there somewhere.
Old October 10, 2018, 02:56 PM   #3
Brian48

Still a good round by all accounts, but it's a bit hard on some guns. HSTs in any variant other than the Micro are probably just as good without the extra pressure.