The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 13, 2017, 10:04 AM   #1
OhioGuy

I.C.E. training classes

Has anyone ever taken the Combat Focused Shooting 2 day live class with I.C.E. taught by Rob Pincus?

I'm considering taking a class and wonder if it's worth while. I've taken classes at local ranges that cover the same sort of topics in the list, but Rob Pincus is Rob Pincus, and that's kind of awesome.

I've watched several of his DVDs and always wished I could meet the guy!
Old November 13, 2017, 01:48 PM   #2
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
Has anyone ever taken the Combat Focused Shooting 2 day live class with I.C.E. taught by Rob Pincus?
Yes.

Quote:
I'm considering taking a class and wonder if it's worth while.
It is.
Old November 17, 2017, 09:34 PM   #3
SonOfScubaDiver

I just found out about CFS and Rob Pincus today. I watched a three part interview by someone who went to his training. He seems knowledgeable to me. He explained a little about his point shooting technique, and it really caught my attention. I'm thinking about signing up for a class, but it will most likely be given by one of his affiliated instructors.
Old November 18, 2017, 09:56 AM   #4
rburch

I went through his 2 day class back in 2010, and in February I was certified as a Defensive Firearms Coach through I.C.E. Training.

I've also met Rob again at the NRA Annual meeting in Nashville (I think that was 2014?)

Do I recommend his classes? Absolutely.

If you can go for the 2 day Combat Focus Shooting class.

If time or funding keep you out of that one, look at his 1 day class.

Or look to his affiliated instructors and coaches.

I teach the Fundamentals of Home Defense Handgun, and a Fundamentals of Concealed Carry classes developed by I.C.E.

They don't go into as much depth as CFS, but in 6-8 hours and 200-300 rounds you get the base foundation of his method.

Here's a link to my review after taking the class back in 2010:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=418738
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.