The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 14, 2018, 02:04 AM   #1
rjinga

A Little More Practice w/ Shield 9mm

I stopped at the nearby public range again today. Except for one photo, I was shooting while standing, using a strong-hand, two-handed grip. I was also aiming with both eyes open. The target was at approximately 5 yds (15'), and I fired seven rounds at CM and then seven rounds at the head. I started with Winchester White Box and finished up with Winchester USA Forged steel-cased ammunition.

I was aiming and firing slowly, but still managed to pull the second shot from CM down to a crotch shot. (The smaller photo is for distance perspective.)

This was another round of slow-fire. The paper plates have a 7" edge-to-edge diameter, and the inner diameter is 5".

In this photo I raised the gun from low-ready and quickly fire a single shot. (The two shots at about 8:00 on the edge of the face plate were my first two shots at the head.)

This time I raised the gun from low-ready and paused before firing. I ran through the White Box after firing at the CM plate and then went with the Forged the rest of the way. (The shot at about 7:00 on the edge of the CM plate was my first shot at that plate.)

This was slow firing again, like in the first two photos.

In an attempt to figure out how much of the "low and a little left" was me, I fired these seven rounds while seated, steadying my hands on my BB sock on top of the gun rest. I also closed one eye.

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm
Old February 14, 2018, 04:49 PM   #2
SauerGrapes

I'm jealous. I haven't shot in 6 weeks.

R.I.P.____Murphy

Last edited by SauerGrapes; February 14, 2018 at 08:20 PM.