The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 14, 2018, 01:49 PM   #26
JWT

The Remington 1100 suggestion is an excellent one. The 1100, even without a recoil pad has relatively soft recoil

If you go with a rimfire I'd consider the .17hmr. No recoil and very, very accurate.
Old April 14, 2018, 09:59 PM   #27
seeker_two

I second the .22 Magnum rifle idea. And I would also suggest a 9mm semiautomatic carbine like the new Ruger PCC. Recoil is mild, and good ammo is cheap. If you decide to stay with a shotgun, try the Mossberg 500 in .410. Much less recoil than a 20ga, and the varmints won't feel the difference.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old April 15, 2018, 09:13 AM   #28
osbornk

Quote:
And I would also suggest a 9mm semiautomatic carbine like the new Ruger PCC. Recoil is mild, and good ammo is cheap. If you decide to stay with a shotgun, try the Mossberg 500 in .410. Much less recoil than a 20ga, and the varmints won't feel the difference.
After watching reviews of the Ruger PCC, I watched reviews of the Hi-Point 995TS and bought the Hi-Point for $269.99. The Ruger is more expensive and there have been some issues for some people with it. The HI-Point has been made for years and has proven to be very reliable and accurate.