The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 13, 2006, 11:39 AM   #1
azredhawk44

RCBS Warranty

A while back I posted about my RCBS Partner press snapping in twain while resizing some .308 on it.

I sent in the press (and the broken expander/decapping ball... it was a casualty of the fall to the floor after the press broke) about 2 months ago. I just received the warranty return press today, as well as the replacement expander/decapping assembly.

I bought a RockChucker as a replacement anyways, but wanted the warranty return of my first press... redundancy is always nice.

Just thought I'd pass along that RCBS did get me my press returned and the part to my die replaced. Although it did take a little longer than I would have expected.

BTW - I wouldn't suggest resizing anything much bigger than .223 or .357mag in a partner press. Time for an upgrade if you're resizing 44mag or .308 on that thing.
Old June 13, 2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Michaelm45

Gotta love RCBS and companys that give great customer service.
Old June 13, 2006, 06:45 PM   #3
gary2905

Must add my 2 cents to this post.
RCBS has gone above and beyond in their replacing stuff that I broke during the course of the past 30 years.
Cannot say enough good about their policy of guaranteeing their products.

Hornady a close second - evey time I call with a broken or bent part- usually of my doing, they are there to promptly replace it at no charge.

Wouldn't it be nice of other companies followed suit.
Old June 13, 2006, 06:46 PM   #4
JNewell

RCBS is one of those companies that basically has a lifetime no questions asked warranty. I have had nothing but great experiences, sometimes with some very old gear (bought my first RCBS piece in 1972 or 73).
Old June 13, 2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Garand Guy

I've only have to have a part replaced on a couple of occasions. I called the company and told them about my apparent stupidity. The only question they asked was if I was loading for myself or comercially (sp?) They said that if I was loading for myself, they would replace the parts. I didn't even have to send the broken parts. A few weeks later, there were my new parts.

Excellent Service!
Old June 19, 2006, 10:07 PM   #6
publius

RCBS is the best, I won't buy anything else. They have fixed several of my stupid mistakes with nothing but politeness and understanding.
Old June 19, 2006, 11:10 PM   #7
maas

rcbs one of the only good things to come out of california. they are located about 40 mile from where i live and buy all my equipment from them.(actually they dont sell directly out of there plant but conveniantly hunningtons gun store is 20 feet away) i have had them size dies for me on spot but never have had anything break. they have always treated me well.

There's always one thing that makes Republicans look good on election day...........Democrats!