The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 12, 1999, 11:04 AM   #1
BlkHawk73

I have a Ruger BlackHawk chanbered in .41 Magnum. I have mounted a Burris 2x using a Burris mount and Redfield rings. I have also installed a SBH hammer. I now want to install a Bisley gripframe. I ave been informed (by Ruger) the entire trigger assembly from the Bisley will also need to be installed if I convert to the Bisley gripframe. How accurate is this information? Also...what aftermarket grips are available for the Bisley gripframe? Thanks to anyone that can help.
Old April 12, 1999, 11:36 AM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

How about because the grip frame and trigger guard are all one piece? Ruger gave you the straight story, why doubt them?
Old April 12, 1999, 02:56 PM   #3
BlkHawk73

I am well aware that the gripframe and trigger guard are a single piece. I need to know if the trigger assembly (internals) will fit.
Old April 12, 1999, 03:30 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

I don't have a Bisley at hand, but I know the trigger is more curved and a standard trigger may not work in that grip frame. Ruger may also be talking about a conversion to the transfer bar if yours is an older gun. Did you ask Ruger if they would do the job, including the new safety (if needed), if you sent them the gun?