The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 9, 2013, 04:41 PM   #26
BirchOrr

^^^
Wow... this "panic, feeding-frenzy" is worse than I thought!

Birch
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...
Old February 11, 2013, 07:17 PM   #27
10851Man

Out here in California, I have no problem getting Triple 7. Caps are hard to find here, but I have had good luck buying them online, 1,000 at a time. Seems a bit more difficult in the smaller quantities though...
Old February 11, 2013, 07:20 PM   #28
Beagle333

I been watching the powder shelf at Gander Mountain disappearing at a good clip. I didn't realize we had many BP shooters around here. They had a LOT of powder at one time and the craze has cleaned off the shelf pretty fast. They have been out of primers for some time now.
I was in there today buying a new pair of sneakers (off the clearance rack - Gander is pricey, normally!) and noticed they were down to a single can of Pyrodex P. So I grabbed it, just in case.....

Now there is no Pyrodex in town. Nearest Pyro store is BassPro, 65 miles away and I hear their shelves have been bare for a while.
Have a Colt and a smile.
Old February 12, 2013, 01:26 PM   #29
rclark

I was in two Sportsman's warehouse here in Montana.... No .457 ball. A few cans of 777 still on the shelf. I managed to pick up the last can of #11 caps that was sitting there. The other store had none.... So in my neck of the woods, we are seeing a 'crunch' too in BP offerings.

I do have what I need for the next summer, so I am set. I stocked up a bit after the last go around.... Just hope it doesn't last for the next 4 years....
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.
Old February 13, 2013, 08:28 AM   #30
UtahHunting

Was in Cabelas here in Utah yesterday. They had plenty of #10 and #11 caps. I picked up 200 of each. First time I had seen them in awhile. Lots of P, RS, and 777 as well.
Old February 13, 2013, 05:17 PM   #31
Gaucho Gringo

I stocked up on everything but caps, before the election. I didn't think they become unobtainiom. I got black powder, at least 500 rounds for every gun I own except my Argentine RB. That would have cost over $1800.00. Even stumbled upon 2,000 rounds of 22 WRF, try and find some now. I already reload for some now, have die sets for almost every caliber I have so I can reload them. Four of my percussion revolvers have cartridge conversions for them, so I can go either way on these depending on what I have available. I can ride it out for a while but it would be nice just to be able to buy what you needed when you need it.
357 Taurus Gaucho, 22 Heritage RR, 2-Pietta 1858 44 NMA Remingtons, Pietta, Euroarms & ASM 36 1851 Navies, 31 Uberti 1849, 12 ga H&R Topper, 16 Ga Western Field, 43 Spanish Remington Rolling Block, 44 ASM Colt Walker, High Point C9 9mm, Winchester 1906 22, Rossi 62 22 rifle, Uberti 1860, H&A & IJ 32 S&W BreakTop, 36 Euroarms 1858, 32 H&R 04, 22mag NAA SS BP revolver, .44 Rodgers & Spencer, IJ 38 S&W BreakTop, IJ 22 Sealed 8
Old February 18, 2013, 12:08 PM   #32
LeadZinger

God bless them....

... Cabela's has come through again. After saying they would not get their order of Remington #10 caps until Feb. 25th, I got an email saying that they had shipped my backorder and I can expect it today!! Don't know what happened - perhaps they found some stock they had been "hoarding" - but I'm getting my caps at least 10 days before they even had expected to ship.

The other good news is that my order of bullets has also shipped from the supplier a week earlier than anticipated and will be here this week also.

Bottom line, I'm going to be back shooting by the end of the week. Just hope I don't get so excited I run out and shoot up the neighborhood.
Damn right I'm happy!!
Old February 18, 2013, 07:09 PM   #33
deerslayer303

good deal! I'm glad you will be smoking again!!