The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 2, 2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Xaak

Quad Rail Choice

I have a Windham Weaponry MPC that I absolutely find to be extremely well made and fires flawlessly with accuracy. I have a few additions to it including a EOTech red dot and magnifier, and a good amount of MOE additions (grip, forend, stock, BAD switch.

I am looking for a quality quad rail carbine length in flat dark earth. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old January 2, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2
RT

https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems.html?cat=43
Old January 2, 2013, 08:25 PM   #3
mitranoc

Here's another option if you don't want to break the bank with a DD.

http://store.troyind.com/product_p/strx-sta-f9ft-00.htm

George Washington
Old January 2, 2013, 11:22 PM   #4
Xaak

Both seem to provide excellent rail systems and I thank you for your advice. The links also help with being able to see their systems and pricing. At this point I haven't broken the back in this build, so I am going to pick one of this well made systems to finish off this rifle.

Thanks again.
Old January 3, 2013, 12:47 PM   #5
loose_holster_dan

those are both free float. unless your rifle is free float, those are going to require gunsmithing to attach. if yours is standard, look for quadrails that say "drop in"
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old January 3, 2013, 02:16 PM   #6
DasGuy

^

That is not correct. "Free floated" on an AR just means that the foregrip does not contact the barrel. Some free floated fore ends do require special barrel nuts / attachments, however.

OP: Do you absolutely need a quad rail? To me they just add more unneeded weight. Forends that come with rail sections that you can bolt on to wherever you need to attach an accessory are becoming very common these days.

Troy Industries has rails like these that easily attach to a standard barrel nut for both rifles with a low profile gas black and those with a FSB in the $200 range. They also have quad rails if you absolutely need one.
Old January 3, 2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
To me they just add more unneeded weight. Forends that come with rail sections that you can bolt on to wherever you need to attach an accessory are becoming very common these days.
Agreed...Mine feels like it weighs a ton. It's a Troy rail. Was going to sell it, but decided not to. It was mainly for a lighter one that's black. (see my thread on here about it)

Quote:
Troy Industries has rails like these that easily attach to a standard barrel nut for both rifles with a low profile gas black and those with a FSB in the $200 range. They also have quad rails if you absolutely need one.
I guess I should really just keep mine then. Going to be adding on some stuff to it anyways.