The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 8, 2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Toddco

Out of luck Canadian

With times as they are it is getting very hard to find reloading equipment such as brass, bullets, primers and even tools here in Canada. I have been looking for a good quality primer tool, the best i found is an RCBS hand primer. Also i have been trying to get my hot little hands on some magnum rifle primers for quite some time. Is there any Canadians out there that may have a good source for some of this stuff.

Thanks,

Toddco
Old March 9, 2010, 10:11 AM   #2
284 Win

Higginson Powders Inc

There quite a few places left that you can get the stuff you need here in Canada.
I get the feeling you are new at this game.
Anyway, there is Higginson Powders in Hawkesbury Ontario, Cabelas in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Wholesales Sports in western Canada including Winnipeg in central Canada just to name a few. The ones I just mentioned can be found on the net. You can also check out firearmscanada.com

Hope this helps

André
Old March 9, 2010, 10:53 AM   #3
McClintock

Hmmm, haven't had problems here in the Prairies in getting anything other than pistol primers. Had to pay gun show prices for a brick of Federal Small Rifle Match primers in January, but they had them. Bullets, powder, and tools seem to be reasonably available.

The RCBS hand priming tool is a good one, you should be okay with that one, they stand up a little better than the Lee ones. Not to bash the Lee product, but the RCBS hand primer is a bit sturdier.

+1 to 284 Win; I haunt the Cabela's website (though they have listed primers of any sort to be back ordered for quite some time now), and Wholesale Sports as well. Not sure where you're located, but you might want to try Bass Pro as well (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...atalogId=10001), perhaps that will help.

Now if I can just find me another case of Small Pistol Primers!

Hope that helps!
Cheers!
McClintock
Old March 9, 2010, 11:38 AM   #4
Toddco

equipment supply

I live in Leduc, right beside Edmonton. I have been to both wholesale sports locations, Bass pro in balzac, PD enterprises in Edmonton, none of these shops have magnum primers or a very good selection of powders or bullets. Was wondering if anyone knew of any good store such as PD Enterprises that specialize in shooting, guns, reloading.

I shoot a lot so i go through a lot of bullets, primers, powders, etc.
Old March 9, 2010, 11:41 AM   #5
McClintock

That sucks.

Hmmm, sounds like you've exhausted most of the more common retailers. I'm not too familiar with that area, so I'm not that knowledgeable of the smaller stores that may carry what you are looking for.

Not sure what to tell you. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Cheers!
McClintock
Old March 12, 2010, 04:17 PM   #6
GHF

Interesting Thought and Question

Can you drive down south across the border to the Land of Heller and soon to be McDonald, buy the stuff, and slip back into the semi-gulag of Maple Land?