The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 31, 1998, 07:19 PM   #1
Rob Pincus

Are we allowed to talk about knives here? (if not, you can move this to General )

anyway, While shopping around I noticed that Paragon Autos have the Clip pointing in the "wrong" direction. In other words, I like the business end of the knife to be opposite the end that the Clip is anchored on. This way you put your thumb in the pocket or behind the knife and push the button once the knife is pulled out. With Paragons you have to turn the knife over before you can deploy it.

Old November 1, 1998, 01:00 AM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Rob-
You can talk about knives here or in General Discussion. We can edit, lock or delete threads. We can't easily move 'em.

I'm with you on wanting the clip on the same end as the hinge (opposite the point in the closed condition). Many don't like this for one reason or another (generally because of the direction the knife is facing if it opens accidentally). I believe Hilton falls in this category.

There are a number of good or popular knives that have the clip opposite our druthers: for instance, Microtech in the first category; Benchmade in the second. Nice to know that Ernie Emerson and Chris Reeve still have their heads on straight.
Rich
Old November 1, 1998, 01:11 AM   #3
Rob Pincus

Roger that!..
Honestly, as I've said, to me a knife is more of a tool, but I've really gotten used to carrying the benchmade autos since my first AFO about 4 or 5 years ago, which is now in the hand so of a buddy of mine at Little Creek, I figured he'd have a better chance of "using" it than I did.
90% of the reason I gave the knife tables more than a quick glance today was because of this forum, thanks for giving me something else to spend money on!

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 11-01-98).]