The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 17, 2001, 08:50 PM   #1
Battler

When will the Benelli M4 be available?

When will the Benelli M4 come out? I understand it probably won't have all the non-PC features; but when can it be bought in stores in its regular form?

thanks,
Battler.
Old July 19, 2001, 09:42 AM   #2
Battler

btt (in the vain hope that someone knows the answer)

thanks
Battler.
Old July 20, 2001, 02:23 AM   #3
Charmedlyfe

Unfortunately, never. The run for the military was limited. I asked about LE, and they said 'sorry. will not produce more'. Don't really know what to think of this. I never heard of a company NOT selling a hot item.....
Old July 20, 2001, 12:11 PM   #4
scouter27

lets got this post very big, then send it to them. It may help get them to do it. I would love to get one. I was hoping to make it my next SG purchase.
Old July 20, 2001, 12:24 PM   #5
KSFreeman

Militree only. HK doesn't want to make any money, they just want to be "responsible!"
Old July 20, 2001, 01:20 PM   #6
Jeff, CA

Quote:
Originally posted by charmedlyfe:

I never heard of a company NOT selling a hot item.....
Ha! Try getting hold of one of Winchester's left-hand, controlled-feed Model 70s. They sold every one of them, and they MIGHT build some more.

Old July 20, 2001, 08:06 PM   #7
BlkHawk73

I e-mailed Benelli on another question last week but also inquired about the M4. The response I got, from Benelli, concerning the availability of the M4 stated that they hoped to have it available for civilian market next year. Straight from the horse's mouth?
Old July 21, 2001, 03:07 PM   #8
KSFreeman

BH73, really? Man, I've got to stop gossiping with factory reps. Stupid gun nut--bad, bad. Front office never tells them anything anyway. I'd love to see it.
Old July 23, 2001, 06:23 AM   #9
Ossi

M4 has been available to general public for about a year now, but only in very limited scale. A Finnish gun magazine (I live in Finland) claimed last year that only 50 guns of the first production batch of M4 were sold to the civilian market by Benelli (in the USA H&K) last year, but I don't know if that figure is right. According to the same article 6 of the 50 civilian M4s came to Finland, and actually I just handled one in a gunshop two weeks ago. The price for M4 is about US $ 1500 here, and I have been considering should I make that investment or not.

M4 has also been tested by a gun magazine here, and they said it's the best shotgun money can buy. However, according to that test it does not feed reliably with very light loads, but is perfect with moderate and heavy loads.

Ossi
Old July 28, 2001, 07:38 PM   #10
magnum_force

$1500 is a huge price tag. Will it sell of less when they come out in the u.s. next year?