The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 28, 2015, 01:42 AM   #1
sirgilligan

Free ballistics calculator for iOS

This app is my way of saying thank you to the shooting community for all of the advice and help I have received over the years from The Firing Line and other sources on the internet.

it is called BallisticsGL. It is a ballistics calculator that I wrote myself. It is not a replacement for the high end calculators you can get, but for many, this calculator will help you get on paper and estimate bullet drop and wind drift.

It is free, it doesn't have ads, and it doesn't harvest or use your data in anyway. You can save as many entries as you like, until your device runs out of available memory. You can print or email the drop tables, copy the text and share it, etc. I have often used the app to answer ballistics questions on the forums.

It has been out now for almost three weeks and has made it to the 106th position of free apps in the sports category for iPad. I was amazed because the sports category has all kinds of apps related to basketball, football, baseball, NASCAR, etc.

So, enjoy the app, remember to pay it forward and give someone a hand, some advice, or something.

Last edited by sirgilligan; February 28, 2015 at 01:50 AM.
Old May 16, 2015, 08:49 PM   #2
sirgilligan

FYI. It has been been exactly three months now giving away the ballistics calculator. I just wanted to thank you all that has enjoyed it. It is now time for it to earn some money so that I can get a new rifle. So it is not going to be free anymore, I just wanted you all to know.