The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 31, 2008, 09:43 PM   #1
flip180

Wish me luck. I send off my application for my SBR.

Well after putting it off, I sent off my application to the BATFE thursday for my SBR. I hope I get approved. I going to put together a 10.5 inch AR using a Stag complete lower with an LMT 10.5 inch upper with an LMT BCG and CH. The lower will have a Magpul CTR stock, a Magpul MIAD grip a Magpul enhanced triggerguard. The upper will have a Larue 7.0 rail, Larue Eotech mount, an Eotech 512(F) and an A.R.M.S. 40 BUIS. I'm going to be sending off the lower to www.orion-arms.com/new/ to have it engraved. In the mean time I'll be putting 100.00 a paycheck away to buy the upper and charging handle as I have everything else except the Magpul peices but those can wait till later. I'll keep you posted.

Flip.
Old June 1, 2008, 09:07 AM   #2
VUPDblue

Orion does awesome work. +1 to them...
Old June 1, 2008, 09:36 AM   #3
coolhandluke4

Good luck! The worst part is the waiting. They cashed the $200 check for my supressor on march 14. My class 3 dealer checked 2 weeks ago and my application was "pending". Hopefully this week I"ll get it back and be able to have some fun.
Old June 14, 2008, 08:28 AM   #4
flip180

Well, they cashed my check! I know that really doesn't mean anything except they're working on it. I'm going to send off the receiver next week to get it engraved. I have half of the what the upper will cost set aside and will have the rest by next friday. My wife's going to buy me the Magpul CTR butstock, MIAD grip and enhanced trigger guard for father's day. I was going to do 100.00 a paycheck but I wanted to get the cost of this project out of the way. That way, I can start putting money away for a basic shotgun class in september at www.tacproshootingcenter.com.

Flip.
Old June 14, 2008, 08:48 PM   #5
88m53453

took 4 weeks after my check was cashed for mine to "go pending" now the examiner will be doing his/her job
Old June 23, 2008, 07:06 PM   #6
9mmkungfu

It was 4 weeks after my check was cashed that my form went "pending" as well.
Old June 23, 2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Crosshair

Quote:
Good luck! The worst part is the waiting. They cashed the $200 check for my supressor on march 14. My class 3 dealer checked 2 weeks ago and my application was "pending". Hopefully this week I"ll get it back and be able to have some fun.
No, the worst part is getting your Form 4 back and trying to find some free time so you can drive to your SOT to pick up your new toy.